$2.3 million Ferrari

Old August 18th 07, 01:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
guest

Default $2.3 million Ferrari

Steve McQueen's Ferrari sold for $2.31M
Associated Press
Aug 17, 2007

MONTEREY, Calif. – A classic Ferrari once owned by Steve McQueen sold for
$2.31 million (U.S.) last night at auction.

An anonymous car collector who placed a bid by phone bought the 1963
Ferrari Berlinetta Lusso during an auction that drew 800 people to the
Monterey Jet Center and attracted spirited bidding, said Christie's
spokesman Rik Pike.

The sale price was greater than the estimated pre-sale price of $800,000
to $1.2 million, Pike said.

"I couldn't be happier for the car and the legacy of Steve McQueen,"
seller Mike Regalia, who restores cars, said in a telephone interview.
"Without his ownership, it never would have received this value."

McQueen, who starred in such 1960s films as The Great Escape, Bullitt, Le
Mans and The Thomas Crown Affair, got the Ferrari as a gift from his
first wife, Neile Adams.

The actor, who also raced cars, special-ordered the Lusso's brown
metallic paint and beige leather interior.

Regalia, of Thousand Oaks, bought the Lusso about a decade ago and spent
hundreds of hours restoring it to pristine condition.

When asked how much he paid for it, Regalia coyly replied: "A new Lexus
would cost more than what I paid.''

McQueen died in 1980, at age 50.

Old August 19th 07, 04:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Padraig

Default $2.3 million Ferrari ------ 1963 Ferrari Lusso 250 GTL - brown metallic - fvl =Pat D

Photo @ Strawberry Farms Concours
--
Paddy's Pig

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1963 Ferrari Lusso 250 GTL - brown metallic - fvl =Pat D.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	375.5 KB
ID:	93112
Old August 19th 07, 04:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Padraig

Default $2.3 million Ferrari ------- 1963 Ferrari Lusso 250 GTL - brown metallic - rvl =Pat D

"guest" > wrote in message
> Steve McQueen's Ferrari sold for $2.31M
> Associated Press
> Aug 17, 2007
>
> MONTEREY, Calif. - A classic Ferrari once owned by Steve McQueen sold for
> $2.31 million (U.S.) last night at auction.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1963 Ferrari Lusso 250 GTL - brown metallic - rvl =Pat D.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	434.0 KB
ID:	93114
Old August 19th 07, 04:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Padraig

Default $2.3 million Ferrari ----- 1963 Ferrari Berlinetta Lusso - brown - fvr =Pat D

Photo @ Petersen's Automotive Museum
--
Paddy's Pig

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1963 Ferrari Berlinetta Lusso - brown - fvr =Pat D.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	209.9 KB
ID:	93117
Old August 19th 07, 04:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Padraig

Default $2.3 million Ferrari ------- 1963 Ferrari Berlinetta Lusso - brown - rvr =Pat D

"guest" > wrote in message
> Steve McQueen's Ferrari sold for $2.31M
> Associated Press
> Aug 17, 2007
>
> MONTEREY, Calif. - A classic Ferrari once owned by Steve McQueen sold for
> $2.31 million (U.S.) last night at auction.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1963 Ferrari Berlinetta Lusso - brown - rvr =Pat D.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	216.3 KB
ID:	93118
Old August 19th 07, 04:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Padraig

Default $2.3 million Ferrari ------ 1963 Ferrari Berlinetta Lusso - brown - show card =Pat D

"guest" > wrote in message
> Steve McQueen's Ferrari sold for $2.31M
> Associated Press
> Aug 17, 2007
>
> MONTEREY, Calif. - A classic Ferrari once owned by Steve McQueen sold for
> $2.31 million (U.S.) last night at auction.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1963 Ferrari Berlinetta Lusso - brown - show card =Pat D.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	93120