First day in 8 years with no VW.

Old December 13th 04, 06:58 PM
Joseph Oberlander

T wrote:
> Joseph Oberlander wrote:
>

>> Matt B. wrote:
>>
>>> "rat" > wrote in message

>>>> And it only costs 10 grand.

>> The exact model is the Daewoo Kalos.

> Does it look like _this_?
>
> <http://www.autopress.be/Temporaires/SALON/Daewoo%20Kalos%204p.jpg>
>

> Not bad looking.

For $6,500, no. For $10K after GM has its way with acessories,
it's just not worth it.

Old December 13th 04, 07:10 PM
ThaDriver

Well all I can say is you seem typical for corporate America! Don't take
this wrong, as I know we're all brain washed from toddlers to the
"American dream".... but spending ten grand on a POS car (& I bet you
financed it - how much are you *actually* paying for it?) to save $1,500
on a repair on a *nice* car is well, just stupid to me. Of course I could
never afford *any* new car since I'm just a skilled laborer in this
country (auto body & frame).
Another thing wrong with this country is people driving OUTRAGEOUS
distances to work! 80 miles???!!! We are FAR too dependent on foriegn oil
for everyone to be doing that!!!
My $.20 (adjusted for Bush's inflation due to massive deficit)
BTW; that bowtie is probably a stick-on. Get out your hair dryer & heat it
up & see if it dosen't peel right off...

~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Old December 13th 04, 10:17 PM
Rob Guenther

Oh you can brutalize Korean cars... a co-worker of mine had a 1992 Hyundai
Excel with a 4 speed auto... and he literally tried to kill that car...
wouldn't die... Got a 2004 Elantra this year... They replaced his tires
after 25K Kms because he was wearing them out due to his lead foot.... ALL
FOUR TIRES... even tho 2 were good.
newsr9vd.31609$ve.29131@fed1read06...

Old December 13th 04, 10:17 PM
Rob Guenther

Old December 14th 04, 04:28 AM
Matt B.

"Rob Guenther" > wrote in message
> Oh you can brutalize Korean cars... a co-worker of mine had a 1992 Hyundai
> Excel with a 4 speed auto... and he literally tried to kill that car...
> wouldn't die... Got a 2004 Elantra this year... They replaced his tires
> after 25K Kms because he was wearing them out due to his lead foot.... ALL
> FOUR TIRES... even tho 2 were good.

Even if the cars aren't the most advanced (but they're nipping at the heels
of Toyota and Honda these days), you have to give the Koreans credit for
trying to make the ownership experience fairly painless. VW(oA) could learn
quite a bit there. When shopping for a car for my partner's sister two
years ago, we visited Hyundai (Elantra) and VW (Jetta) and the Hyundai
dealership was by far more polite, courteous, and not antagonistic at all.
The experience at the VW dealer was downright miserable.

Old December 14th 04, 04:28 AM
Matt B.

Old December 14th 04, 05:26 PM
M Power

The Aveo Is made by Daewoo which also makes the Suzuki Swift.

http://www.flagshipnews.com/archives...02003_24.shtml

lkaboutautos.com...

Old December 14th 04, 05:26 PM
M Power

The Aveo Is made by Daewoo which also makes the Suzuki Swift.

http://www.flagshipnews.com/archives...02003_24.shtml

lkaboutautos.com...

Old December 14th 04, 09:49 PM
Rob Guenther

Really depends on the dealer tho... I know of a bad Hyundai dealer, and I
know of a good VW dealer and a good Volvo dealer... so my families bases are
covered for cars... 2 Golf's and a 960 wagon.... Hopefully soon to be 1
Golf, 1 Jetta/Golf V (or 1 Volvo S40 if I have the cash next year, or the
current style Passat... I haven't made up my mind yet... all I know is I
want: larger, more power, gasoline engine, and manual tranny, and a decent
stereo syste,), and 1 XC70.

Worst dealer ever - I went into a Mitsubishi dealer to look at Lancers, I
don't know if it was the salesman or the dealership in general, but it was
the worst hour of my recent life.... And the car was bad too - Don't worry,
I was only looking to look, not to ever buy one.
"Matt B." > wrote in message
> "Rob Guenther" > wrote in message
>> Oh you can brutalize Korean cars... a co-worker of mine had a 1992
>> Hyundai Excel with a 4 speed auto... and he literally tried to kill that
>> car... wouldn't die... Got a 2004 Elantra this year... They replaced his
>> tires after 25K Kms because he was wearing them out due to his lead
>> foot.... ALL FOUR TIRES... even tho 2 were good.

> Even if the cars aren't the most advanced (but they're nipping at the
> heels of Toyota and Honda these days), you have to give the Koreans credit
> for trying to make the ownership experience fairly painless. VW(oA) could
> learn quite a bit there. When shopping for a car for my partner's sister
> two years ago, we visited Hyundai (Elantra) and VW (Jetta) and the Hyundai
> dealership was by far more polite, courteous, and not antagonistic at all.
> The experience at the VW dealer was downright miserable.

Canadian Bush New Years Run trip report! Mike Romain Jeep 5 January 12th 05 10:18 PM
A Post! A New Years Post! jbjeep Jeep 24 January 6th 05 07:39 PM
Are japs controlling the Blue Ribbon Coalition? Sportsmen Against Bush 4x4 6 December 20th 03 03:58 AM
I'd like some opinions on which 35+ years US stationcars are good cars, if any. Basil Antique cars 5 September 10th 03 10:35 PM