rFactor-M?

Old September 15th 05, 05:41 PM
Darus

You disagree?

Instead of making a post on topic that has been beaten to death at the
more popular rFactor sites, perhaps you should have addressesd your
complaint with ISI.

Old September 15th 05, 08:19 PM
Dave

"Darus" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> You disagree?
>
> Instead of making a post on topic that has been beaten to death at the
> more popular rFactor sites, perhaps you should have addressesd your
> complaint with ISI.

yea, i bet they'd print one right up for me wouldn't they.

Old September 16th 05, 12:09 AM
Darus

No, unlikely. But then we wouldn't be burdened with reading your I
WANNA READ THE MANUAL!!!!!! WAAAAAA!!!!!! posts.

Old September 16th 05, 01:02 AM
Dave

"Darus" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> No, unlikely. But then we wouldn't be burdened with reading your I
> WANNA READ THE MANUAL!!!!!! WAAAAAA!!!!!! posts.

Don't read them then you moron.

Old September 16th 05, 01:12 AM
Alan Bernardo

"Dave" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Darus" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> No, unlikely. But then we wouldn't be burdened with reading your I
>> WANNA READ THE MANUAL!!!!!! WAAAAAA!!!!!! posts.

> Don't read them then you moron.

I see this little spat as a draw. Dave's "moron" shot hurt his chances late
in the fight. He was ahead on my card in the middle rounds, when Darus make
the colossal mistake of using all caps and whining about someone whining.

The fight was all but over until the unfortunate "moron". If Dave would've
countered with something like,

"Then don't read them, you imbecile.", he would've won a unanimous decision.

How does everyone else score this fight?

Alanb

Old September 16th 05, 01:15 AM
Dave Henrie

"Alan Bernardo" > wrote in
:

> How does everyone else score this fight?
>

> Alanb

zzzzzzz zzzzzzzzz zzzzz
huh? I gave up after the first salvos
dave henrie
Old September 16th 05, 02:04 AM
Dave

"Alan Bernardo" > wrote in message

> I see this little spat as a draw. Dave's "moron" shot hurt his chances late
> in the fight. He was ahead on my card in the middle rounds, when Darus make
> the colossal mistake of using all caps and whining about someone whining.
>
> The fight was all but over until the unfortunate "moron". If Dave would've
> countered with something like,
>
> "Then don't read them, you imbecile.", he would've won a unanimous decision.
>
> How does everyone else score this fight?

Silly, isn't it?
All I did was ask a question.....that's what this NG is for.

Old September 16th 05, 03:05 AM
Peter

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 06:35:13 -0400, "Alan Bernardo"
> wrote:

>>> when setting up a race against the ai, when you come to selecting track,
>>> click on the "opponents" tab. you can select which type of vehicle and
>>> what classes are allowed to run.
>>>
>>> cheers
>>>
>>> steve
>>>

>> Yep all seems simple and straightforward enough for me. But maybe not
>> simple enough for the young gentleman to understand.

>I may be older than you (which I probably am) and a lot simpler, but if you
>recheck your facts you'll notice that yes, you can select certain car
>classes, but some of these cars within the classes have upgrades and are
>faster than the cars without upgrades.
>
>Look into this and you'll see.
>
>All in all, you've made a real fool of yourself, calling someone young (and
>by implication, simple) when by the extent of your knowledge of what you
>speak, you've probably just got out of grammar school.
>
>Alanb

Alan,
I think you should recheck your facts. You can select which
upgrades are allowed within a class. If you go to the opponents tab,
taking the Howston as an example, if you just select the Howston
entry, you will get a mixture of upgrade levels. But beneath the
entry for Howston there are three more selections labelled GP1, GP2
and GP3. If, rather than selecting the Howston, you select, say GP3,
you will only get the basic, unupgraded Howston as competiton. The
same thing goes for all the other sedan cars. I will admit it's not
the most intuitive but I figured it out and I'm old.

I hope this helps you get more enjoyment out of rFactor, I'm having a
blast.

Peter

Old September 16th 05, 09:16 PM
Alan Bernardo

> Alan,
> I think you should recheck your facts. You can select which
> upgrades are allowed within a class. If you go to the opponents tab,
> taking the Howston as an example, if you just select the Howston
> entry, you will get a mixture of upgrade levels. But beneath the
> entry for Howston there are three more selections labelled GP1, GP2
> and GP3. If, rather than selecting the Howston, you select, say GP3,
> you will only get the basic, unupgraded Howston as competiton. The
> same thing goes for all the other sedan cars. I will admit it's not
> the most intuitive but I figured it out and I'm old.

I'll look into this. But really, there goes common sense out the window,
which was part of my original complaint. There has to be a better way of
doing this. But I do know this, I can run some upgrades on any of the cars,
and the car still stays within a class-- say, GP3. By implication, then,
would this not mean that if you choose only GP3s, it's not a certainity that
you are going to get stock cars. It's all very confusing and defies common
sense, is the way I see it.

Thanks for the explanation, though. I certainly do appreciate that. Your
reference to being "old", however, strikes me. How old are you? Old to me
means maybe in the upper 60s. I'm not quite that old yet, but in a little
over a decade I will be.

> I hope this helps you get more enjoyment out of rFactor, I'm having a
> blast.

I too am having fun with rFactor. It's just that it takes a scrambled mind
(or a lot of time) to figure out how to do things.

Thanks again,

Alanb

Old September 16th 05, 09:18 PM
Alan Bernardo

"Dave" > wrote in message

> "Alan Bernardo" > wrote in message
>>
>> I see this little spat as a draw. Dave's "moron" shot hurt his chances
>> late
>> in the fight. He was ahead on my card in the middle rounds, when Darus
>> make
>> the colossal mistake of using all caps and whining about someone whining.
>>
>> The fight was all but over until the unfortunate "moron". If Dave
>> would've
>> countered with something like,
>>
>> "Then don't read them, you imbecile.", he would've won a unanimous
>> decision.
>>
>> How does everyone else score this fight?
>>

> Silly, isn't it?
> All I did was ask a question.....that's what this NG is for.

It was silly and my post was meant not in the literal sense.

Alanb