Long Legs, Short Arms-Vehicle Recommendation

Old October 24th 04, 02:41 AM
kcc

Default Long Legs, Short Arms-Vehicle Recommendation

I specifically took the option of adjustable pedals on my current
truck (chevy avalanche), but now in hind sight, it seems like the
option is for short people. Of the vehicles I've looked at, either
the seat won't go far enough back or when my legs are
comfortable, my arms are stretched out uncomfortably and I
have to lean forward a lot to reach the stereo. On top of that,
the back seat won't fold down with the front seat where I like it.
I'm only 6', which may be a little taller than average, but it's not
like I'm in the NBA.

Basically, what I want in a vehicle is:
1.) 6.5 ft minimum in back with back seat folded
2.) Enough clearance hop curbs with room to spare (i.e. about 8"+)
3.) Enough off-road ability to not rattle apart on unfinished roads.
(I drive off-road to get places, not for the sport.)
4.) Longest distance from pedals to steering wheel possible.

The first 3 are fairly easy. The 4th seems to have no answer.
I'm also curious if I'm unusual or if this is like cup holders where
almost everyone thinks there not deep enough.
kcc

Old October 24th 04, 02:37 PM
Greg

I'm 6'1", most of which is legs, wife has a Ford Escape, most comfortable
vehicle I've ever traveled in, front or back I have lots of room. As for
haveing 6'5" with seat folded down, don't know about that, there may be 6'5"
but I doubt it, she's at work so can't check. It's not my CJ7 for off road,
or my F150 cargo capacity, but as for a nice traveling vehicle with more leg
room them most, it's great.

newsLDed.520372$8_6.107199@attbi_s04...