Is there a crack for GTR?

Old March 28th 06, 04:16 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default Is there a crack for GTR?

"Half_Light" > wrote in message
|I just did a fresh install of XP and I really don't won't Starforce in
| my shiny new XP install. I can't find a crack for GTR though. Does
| anyone know if one exists? If I can't find one then GTR goes up for
| sale, any other Starforce game I own that doesn't have a crack will
| also be sold.

I don't think it much matters whether you find a replacement executable or
not, you're still going to have to install the game and thus Starforce.
Getting rid of Starforce after you install the game won't help either
because it's doubtful the game will even start without it.

Alanb

Old March 28th 06, 11:19 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Alan Bernardo" > writes:

> "Half_Light" > wrote in message
> |I just did a fresh install of XP and I really don't won't Starforce in
> | my shiny new XP install. I can't find a crack for GTR though. Does
> | anyone know if one exists? If I can't find one then GTR goes up for
> | sale, any other Starforce game I own that doesn't have a crack will
> | also be sold.
>
> I don't think it much matters whether you find a replacement executable or
> not, you're still going to have to install the game and thus Starforce.
> Getting rid of Starforce after you install the game won't help either
> because it's doubtful the game will even start without it.

There are solutions which removes the need for Starforce, after the
install. But, unless you fix the installer it will install Starforce
during the GTR install. Then you can uninstall just Starforce, with
tools made for that purpose, and use a Starforce "replacement" while
running the software.

Doing all the job might not be worth it, but it is possible.

/andreas

--
A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
Old March 31st 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Nope, there is no crack available for GTR.
I managed to make an image for GTL though, and run it on my second PC (older
one) that has no CD/DVD in it, without problem. I cant try with GTR as I
don't own that game.