EA to stop developing games with costly "Sports" Licenses?

Old March 21st 06, 05:10 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default EA to stop developing games with costly "Sports" Licenses?

I can't quite tell, but wouldn't it be great if the Nascar License was
bought up by someone who cared enough to write a REAL Sim again?

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine...2/b3976086.htm

-Larry

Old March 21st 06, 06:39 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

The question then becomes who will pay the huge Nascar license next? Nascar
only has a single mission anymore, make as much money as possible off of
everything/anything they can put a fee in front of.

If quality mattered to Nascar we'd still get to watch a Rockingham race
every year..

Nascar *should* be paying for the free advertising not vica versa.

Mitch

Old March 21st 06, 09:09 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

That's actually a good point...

-Larry

news

Old March 21st 06, 09:19 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

>>Nascar *should* be paying for the free advertising not vica versa.

>That's actually a good point...

Hope he wasn't wearing a $250 "Dale jr" or "Jeff Gordon" jacket when he
wrote it....

Old March 22nd 06, 07:03 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 18:39:17 GMT,
Mitch wrote:

> The question then becomes who will pay the huge Nascar license next? Nascar
> only has a single mission anymore, make as much money as possible off of
> everything/anything they can put a fee in front of.
>
> If quality mattered to Nascar we'd still get to watch a Rockingham race
> every year..
>
> Nascar *should* be paying for the free advertising not vica versa.
>
> Mitch
>

> "Larry" > wrote in message news:hsWTf.6$KE1.2@dukeread02...
>> [7 quoted lines suppressed]

we can only hope na$car a ea go
bust, so we can get real stockcar
racing and well made games again.
Old March 22nd 06, 07:11 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

I never thought I'd say this, but Nascar IS boring the hell out of me
lately. Nascar won't let the boys just race. Too much mommying going on.
Rules for rear gears. Rules for transmission gears. Rules for rear
springs. Rules for spoilers.

****, why don't Nascar just own the car stable, issue the car at the
beginning of the weekend, and then the teams can wrap them with their
sponser names and go race 43 identical pieces of whimped-out Nascar ****.

The whole thing has turned into one big IROC event every weekend. I HATE
it.

And the 5 min of racing per 7 min of commercials doesn't help matters
either.

At least F1 is interesting this year, for better or worse.

That doesn't mean I'm all of a sudden an RC freak. I'm not. I still prefer
Oval racing, just not what Nascar has become.

-Larry

Old March 22nd 06, 11:35 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 18:39:17 GMT, "Mitch" > wrote:

>If quality mattered to Nascar we'd still get to watch a Rockingham race
>every year..

Amen. And the Southern 500 would still be Labor Day weekend. So much
for tradition huh.
Old March 22nd 06, 11:38 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

It's still fun to watch but I know what you mean.

But back to the topic, what really burns my ass about EA's
Microsoft-like tactics is that a truly beautiful sim like the Gran
Turismo series can't have Ferraris, Porches (well, they have RUF's),
Lamborghinis, etc. What's the deal with that? Does EA have some sort of
exclusive license? GT4 owns anything EA could fantasize about on their
best day.

Old March 27th 06, 09:05 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Larry enlightened us with:

> ****, why don't Nascar just own the car stable, issue the car at the
> beginning of the weekend, and then the teams can wrap them with their
> sponser names and go race 43 identical pieces of whimped-out Nascar
> ****.

Have you NOT heard of the revolutionary safer "NASCAR" Humpy wheeler was in
charge of developing? That is the plan!!! seems to been due soon too, cant
recall saw it on tv, like 08 or 10 or something...

Old March 28th 06, 05:16 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Yes, but to fully destroy the sport, they will need to hand the keys of
random identically preppared cars to the team as they drive in the gate.

Just think! No more trailers! They will have a "Nascar Pro Shop" where you
obtain your replacement brake pads.

And there will be a little stand called "Body By Jake" where the teams go to
have their sponsers shrink-wrapped on.

At the end of the race, you turn the car back in and if it's not damaged you
get your lease deposit back.

This is about the only thing they _haven't_ done.

I will say though, F1 is getting a lot worse.

-Larry