<Group> Need help on headlights \ 2000 vette \ Plz Read

Old January 28th 06, 12:59 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default <Group> Need help on headlights \ 2000 vette \ Plz Read

When i turn the lights on,both sides come up,but when i go to close
them,the drivers side pops back up,and i have to manually close with
the adjuster nob......IS it a motor,or what ?????? ....Any help on
this would be appreciated,........

2crows
Gatorland
USA
Old January 28th 06, 06:28 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Do you hear the motor run after it turns off?

It's probably not the motor since it still opens. There are 3 parts that
can go wrong if it's anything like the C4 lights and it probably is. The
nylon gear, the nylon bushings or the piece that holds the bushings. My
guess is that it's the nylon bushings. Take it apart and replace them with
pieces of a steel rod the same diameter and cut to the same height. If it's
the part that holds the bushing, it's usually that the cast piece has
stripped from the steel rod. I fixed mine by drilling a hole close to the
bottom, through the rod and then inserted a roll pin. I went through the
thick section. If it's the gear, I replaced mine with the brass
replacements from Ecklers. Everything's still running fine and it's
stronger than ever before.

Hope this helps. BTW: Replacement motors from the dealer for a C4 runs
$400, not including labor and they don't sell individual pieces to fix them.

Old January 28th 06, 02:31 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 06:28:14 GMT, "Charlie"
> wrote:

>Do you hear the motor run after it turns off?
>
>It's probably not the motor since it still opens. There are 3 parts that
>can go wrong if it's anything like the C4 lights and it probably is. The
>nylon gear, the nylon bushings or the piece that holds the bushings. My
>guess is that it's the nylon bushings. Take it apart and replace them with
>pieces of a steel rod the same diameter and cut to the same height. If it's
>the part that holds the bushing, it's usually that the cast piece has
>stripped from the steel rod. I fixed mine by drilling a hole close to the
>bottom, through the rod and then inserted a roll pin. I went through the
>thick section. If it's the gear, I replaced mine with the brass
>replacements from Ecklers. Everything's still running fine and it's
>stronger than ever before.
>
>Hope this helps. BTW: Replacement motors from the dealer for a C4 runs
>$400, not including labor and they don't sell individual pieces to fix them.

.. .

Old January 29th 06, 03:10 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

There is a TSB for this. It just needs some washers to adjust it.
You can read the TSB he
http://corvetteactioncenter.com/kb/q....php?qstId=252

If you need more help, try www.corvettemechanic.com or www.c5forum.com

Old January 29th 06, 03:27 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 22:10:34 -0500, L DaVinci >
wrote:

>There is a TSB for this. It just needs some washers to adjust it.
>You can read the TSB he
>http://corvetteactioncenter.com/kb/q....php?qstId=252
>
>If you need more help, try www.corvettemechanic.com or www.c5forum.com

Thanks for this ..... That explains it all .......I.m printing this
entire article,and take it to the service manager here ,because he
informed me that there was not a bulletin on head lamps ,and if there
was...He would fix it for nothing........Let's see if he eat's his
words..<G>.....If not i will do it my self...Thanks a million for thre
info.....

Will

2crows
Gatorland
USA
Old January 29th 06, 09:08 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

LOL
SWEEEEET!

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove –SPAM- from email address
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson

no-start on 2000 Chev Express van..Read in.. Technology 2 January 5th 06 03:34 PM
The dangers of DRLs 223rem Driving 399 July 25th 05 11:28 PM
2000 C5, 50k miles, 6-spd, transmission noise Alex J. Avriette Corvette 4 August 31st 04 01:35 AM
Proper tire pressure for Firestone Indy 500 FireHawk - 74 Vette - Can anyone read? Tom in Missouri Corvette 0 August 10th 04 05:30 PM