Europe Loves The Mustang

Old June 17th 05, 12:19 AM

http://www.neuroticweb.com/mustang/

> >> Don't bother. you can buy them in Europe anyway.

> >> It's just that the idea of a sports car with a van style solid rear
> >> axle is a bit of a joke in Europe...

> >Until they drive one.

> 1950's pickup style suspension.

If it works, and works well like the new Mustang rear axle does, why
would you care?

> >Kinda like the folks who dismiss the new Z06 because it still uses
> >pushrods... IDIOTS!

> 1950's pickup style engine.

You can comfort yourself with that knowledge when a new Z06 leaves you
in a cloud of tire smoke.

> Ever wondered why so few American built cars are sold around the
> world?

It isn't because of pushrod engines, maybe displacement, but not the
pushrods.
And it isn't the rear axles used.

Patrick
'93 Cobra

Old June 17th 05, 12:20 AM
Joel Jacobs

Thanks, Tom.

Joel

Old June 17th 05, 12:29 AM
D.K.R.

We have roads. You just have to watch out for the polar bears and
Eskimos when drive your dogsled on them.

Seriously though. . .

The highway system tends to mimic the population of the country. 85% of
the population live within 300 km of the US border. That said, there are
decent roads to populated areas in the north. In the winter the roads
are kept open.

http://www.northernfrontier.com/10_E.../road.html#faq

Old June 17th 05, 01:01 AM
Webzpider

wrote:

http://www.neuroticweb.com/mustang/

>>> Don't bother. you can buy them in Europe anyway.

>>> It's just that the idea of a sports car with a van style solid rear
>>> axle is a bit of a joke in Europe...

>>Until they drive one.

> 1950's pickup style suspension.
>
>>Kinda like the folks who dismiss the new Z06 because it still uses
>>pushrods... IDIOTS!

> 1950's pickup style engine.
>
> Ever wondered why so few American built cars are sold around the
> world?

Because there isn't Merkin GI's everywhere forcing people to buy
them at gunpoint?

*Webzpider*

Homo AmericAnus :
N onthinking
R ectumsniffing
A nthropoids

Old June 17th 05, 02:07 AM
Joel Jacobs

. com...

wrote:

http://www.neuroticweb.com/mustang/

>>>Until they drive one.

>> 1950's pickup style suspension.
>>
>>>Kinda like the folks who dismiss the new Z06 because it still uses
>>>pushrods... IDIOTS!

>> 1950's pickup style engine.
>>
>> Ever wondered why so few American built cars are sold around the
>> world?

> Because there isn't Merkin GI's everywhere forcing people to buy
> them at gunpoint?
>

> *Webzpider*
>

> Homo AmericAnus :
> N onthinking
> R ectumsniffing
> A nthropoids

OMG! Webzpider has escaped from the asylum again. Say it isn't so!

Old June 17th 05, 03:40 AM
StingRay

"the guvnor" > wrote in message
> People in Europe have long forggoten how pushrod engines work?

They must not follow the Lemans series then because Ferrari and the rest in
their class must be getting sick of being lapped by the pushrod Corvettes
and seeing their tail-lights fade in the distance! ;-)

Old June 17th 05, 09:13 AM
Larry J.

Waiving the right to remain silent, the guvnor
> said:

> On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 16:28:32 GMT, "Larry J."
> wrote:
>
>>Waiving the right to remain silent, the guvnor
> said:
>>
>>> Ever wondered why so few American built cars are sold around
>>> the world?

>>Because you double the price with import taxes.

> Import duty is 10%

In the Uk maybe. The rest of Yurop is another story.

>>Yurop has never played fair with auto imports from the US.

> Note how the US car market is closed to true competition due to
> your fedralisation rules.

Really..? I thought you said that our auto industry is dying because
we all buy foreign cars.

The United States is the greatest country in the world..!
Twenty-five million illegal aliens can't be wrong.
Old June 17th 05, 09:14 AM
Larry J.

Waiving the right to remain silent, "Joel Jacobs"
> said:

> I don't think you realize just how large this country is. All
> the countries of the UK are smaller than the single state of
> Oregon.

That's one of the biggest problems the EuroPEONS have. No conception
of the size of the US market.

Old June 17th 05, 09:15 AM
Larry J.

Waiving the right to remain silent, the guvnor
> said:

>>> Note how the US car market is closed to true competition due
>>> to your fedralisation rules.
>>>

>>Improve your friggin' build quality on cars other than the
>>Rolls, and Americans might well buy your cars - IF you build
>>them to world standards of crash worthiness. I loved Rover, but
>>Rovers - other than the old Land Rovers - were pieces of crap.
>>AND, your cars are expensive! Parts were expensive, a decent
>>mechanic was hardly ever to be found.

> An American crying about car build quality???
>
>>I don't think you realize just how large this country is.

> Smaller than Russia, Canada and China.

How about marketwise..?

Old June 17th 05, 09:18 AM
Larry J.

Waiving the right to remain silent, "Joel Jacobs"
> said:

> OMG! Webzpider has escaped from the asylum again. Say it isn't so!

Web****er's dole check arrived, so he can afford another week of
inernet service.