Header temps ; before and after coating with Jet Hot

Old September 6th 07, 12:04 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dave in Lake Villa

Default Header temps ; before and after coating with Jet Hot

Had the 1970 BB Hooker Super Comp. Headers Jet Hot coated at their
Mississippi plant ; elected to go with the 1300 f. Sterling Coating .
I have a Lazer Thermometer and after a good long run, i measured 532 f.
(at idle) right where the Header pipes meet the Cylinder Head , before
sending them to Jet Hot. After i got them back and re-installed, took
her out for another good run and measured a 'cool' 265 f. (at idle).
I honestly didnt think theyd make that much of a difference but it did ;
the underhood temp. is drastically lower and they look great too.

Dave

Old September 6th 07, 03:26 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Jamie

Really!!
Thats some good info. I had to refrain from driving mine most of the
summer just because it was so hot outside. Made it almost unbareable in the
cabin. That sounds like something i might want to look into

Old September 6th 07, 11:36 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dave in Lake Villa

Well, if you live in Texas or there abouts, then reducing the underhood
temps. just might reduce your interior temps also ... at least enough
to allow you drive y our car . Theoretically, nearby engine components
should last a bit longer too such as the steering gear box which is
literally 1/4" from one of my header pipes.

Old September 6th 07, 04:45 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Ric Seyler[_2_]

Dave in Lake Villa wrote:

>Had the 1970 BB Hooker Super Comp. Headers Jet Hot coated at their
>Mississippi plant ; elected to go with the 1300 f. Sterling Coating .
>I have a Lazer Thermometer and after a good long run, i measured 532 f.
>(at idle) right where the Header pipes meet the Cylinder Head , before
>sending them to Jet Hot. After i got them back and re-installed, took
>her out for another good run and measured a 'cool' 265 f. (at idle).
>I honestly didnt think theyd make that much of a difference but it did ;
>the underhood temp. is drastically lower and they look great too.
>

>Dave

Plus they will scavenge better from retaining all that heat inside each
header tube instead
of it radiating out and dissipating.

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove –SPAM- from email address
--------------------------------------
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson
Old September 8th 07, 03:30 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dave in Lake Villa

'Plus they will scavenge better from retaining all that heat inside each
header tube instead
of it radiating out and dissipating.
--
Ric Seyler'

REPLY: I never considered that. , although i do have an 'x' in the
exhaust system directly behind the crossmember (not the best place for
it i understand).

Old September 10th 07, 04:21 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Ric Seyler[_2_]

Dave in Lake Villa wrote:

>'Plus they will scavenge better from retaining all that heat inside each
>header tube instead
>of it radiating out and dissipating.

Most of the x pipes I've seen are around the x-member area. Right behind
it I wouldn't think would make a big difference.