What's A Good Deal On a New Z06?

Old February 12th 06, 01:49 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default What's A Good Deal On a New Z06?

'I took it to a shop with a very good reputation today. The only
problems was it needed a new tentioner, both belts replaced and the
coolant reseviour was leaking and needed to be changed. Plus it was time
for an oil change and a radiator flush. All that cost me $575. They
couldn't find anything else wrong so now I feel I can sell it. The NADA
say's $20,100 low, $22,575 average, $24,100 high. Once I replace the
console lid and a good waxing, it will be in excellent shape. What do
you think I should ask in South Florida?
--
All the best,
Steve '

REPLY: I guess that depends on how soon you want to move it, what your
local market is like for early C5s, etc... being in a state where you
can drive a sports car in nice weather year round should help versus up
here in Northern Illinois. If it were me, id start out a bit toward the
high side because you know they are going to get you down on the price
especially having nearly 100 k miles on the car. If you have supporting
maintenance records/reciepts proving you took very good care of the car,
that might help in the negoitations. Check with Corvette Trader
magazine and Hemmings to see what others are asking for simular vettes
as yours , preferably in your state.