Another question, GT axle for a v6

Old July 27th 13, 07:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
twk

Default Another question, GT axle for a v6

Damn, I hate to keep asking about axles. I was sure I'd have one in my
v6 LAST summer, but I found only high priced, mystery axles that who
knows how many abusive miles were on them.

So, for only a few dollars more I'm going with NEW parts. My 2009 has
81k miles and I think she deserves a new one.

Here's my problem.
Ford Racing has 2 assembled axles, one a 3.55 and the other is a 3.73.

The 3.55 is (M-4001-A355):
<http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=9395>
This will no doubt fit my v6 with no problem.

I'd rather have the 3.73 (M-4001-SVT373):
<http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=12943

But I'm not sure it's a direct bolt on.

The FRPP 3.73 says it fits '05 - '13 GT, so It should bolt right up to
my v6, Right? I was led to believe that the Boss 302 & Shelby GT axles
would NOT work on a v6. This axle is for the Boss & Shelby.

For example, an email response I got from American Muscle implies no, it
won't work on a v6. They didn't actually say no, they said I need to
look into a GT take-off. Great, THAT was what I'm done doing.

What do you people think?
I'll be happy with the 3.55, but I might be happier with the 3.73.

Thank you in advance.
twk

--
For all you know this message was...
Sent via an exclusive network, on a snobby portable computing device.

Just purchased a 86 Golf Diesel. I have a oil question and right axle question. 86GolfDiesel VW water cooled 13 August 21st 07 04:59 AM
OT axle question Troy Jeep 14 May 11th 06 01:45 AM
Axle question Herb Leong Jeep 4 February 9th 06 02:02 AM
Axle question J.Valkyrie Jeep 5 December 3rd 05 07:09 PM
Durango axle question - 8.25 vs 9.25 Chris Cowles Dodge 0 August 27th 05 12:33 AM