Where IS everybody?

Old February 23rd 11, 04:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_7_]

Default Where IS everybody?

"marx404" > wrote in message
> I still have also been lurking the forums

<snip>

Good to hear from all you lurkers again not that you've been 'outed' <smile>

btw- I've been doing a bit of business with AutoZone lately. They opened a
branch in Greenburgh, NY ( a few miles from home). Had been buying largely
through CarQuest before and found lots of items were 'dealer only'...
Autozone had many of the parts available either as new or remanufactured.
MAF for LW300 was only $90 after core return. CTS was $39 and MAP was $99.
Nice online ordering and pickup at store. Some of the part descriptions are
a bit vague so sometimes needed to have someone do a stock check and confirm
just what is included with a part.

Old February 23rd 11, 04:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_7_]

Old February 24th 11, 09:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_7_]

Default What the...?

No idea what happened. Just saw multiple copies of the one message sent.
Sorry about that.
Oppie

Old February 26th 11, 10:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Fred[_14_]

Oppie wrote:

> No idea what happened. Just saw multiple copies of the one message sent.
> Sorry about that.
> Oppie

Looks like the newsgroup is gone. Too bad.

Fred
94 SC2 still going

Old February 26th 11, 11:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Bert Hyman

In Fred >
wrote:

> Oppie wrote:
>>
>> No idea what happened. Just saw multiple copies of the one message
>> sent. Sorry about that.
>> Oppie

> Looks like the newsgroup is gone. Too bad.

Newsgroup's working fine. What problem are you having?

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
Old February 27th 11, 04:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Fred[_14_]

Bert Hyman wrote:
> In >
> wrote:
>
>> Oppie wrote:
>>>
>>> No idea what happened. Just saw multiple copies of the one message
>>> sent. Sorry about that.
>>> Oppie

>> Looks like the newsgroup is gone. Too bad.

> Newsgroup's working fine. What problem are you having?

Bert

Have you seen anyone else on here lately?

Old February 27th 11, 05:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Bert Hyman

In Fred >
wrote:

> Bert Hyman wrote:
>> In >
>> wrote:

>>> Looks like the newsgroup is gone. Too bad.

>> Newsgroup's working fine. What problem are you having?
>>

> Bert
>
> Have you seen anyone else on here lately?

Nope. Traffic's pretty thin.

So you meant that nobody's using the group, not that it's "disappeared"
or something.

As someone else mentioned, maybe nobody has anything to complain about
right now.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
Old February 28th 11, 02:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
IYM[_3_]

Bert Hyman wrote:
> In Fred >
> wrote:
>
>> Bert Hyman wrote:

>>> Newsgroup's working fine. What problem are you having?
>>>

>> Bert
>>
>> Have you seen anyone else on here lately?

> Nope. Traffic's pretty thin.
>
> So you meant that nobody's using the group, not that it's "disappeared"
> or something.
>
> As someone else mentioned, maybe nobody has anything to complain about
> right now.

I still lurk...Have a few things to complain about but nothing I have to
ask about. If you want complaints:

'06 Vue, 124K miles, 4cyc-5spd...

1) damn wipers...The back wiper i have to twist on/off on the stick
about 5-8 times to get it to "wake up" and get going. Each time it
moves a little quicker util it's warmed up...
2) damn wipers (part 2)...Front wipers. The passenger side keeps
breaking. The ball & socket connection that connects the wipers keeps
wearing and popping out. I gave up and just run with the drivers side
until a week before the inspection Then, I put them back together & use
a few plastic zip ties through the hole that's there and around joint
and it holds for a month or two. Unfortunately, you can't replace the
problem part, and have to replace the whole assembly which last I check
was really expensive.
3) have a suspension rattle in the front I just can't find. Every time
the car rocks a little it clunks. I can duplicate this rocking the car
by hand while it's parked, but I can't track it down other than it's in
the front.

Other than that, I haven't had too many problems with it. Hell, I
have'nt done anything other than oil changes, and a new battery and alt.

Noticed it's getting a bit sluggish when it's cold trying to get up to
speed. But it's never had a tune up, running on original plugs, so I
should really do one soon...when it warms up outside...
Old March 3rd 11, 12:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Linda[_2_]

I'm still here and still love my first new car, 1994 Saturn SW2 after
17 years and 300K miles of loyalty. I also restore vintage cars but
this SW2 is the most comfortable car I have owned and the gold paint
still looks new : )
Long Live the Saturn.
Linda

Old March 11th 11, 03:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_7_]

Default Wiper ball and socket fix

"IYM" <"S U N > wrote in message
> Bert Hyman wrote:

> 2) damn wipers (part 2)...Front wipers. The passenger side keeps
> breaking. The ball & socket connection that connects the wipers keeps
> wearing and popping out. I gave up and just run with the drivers side
> until a week before the inspection Then, I put them back together & use a
> few plastic zip ties through the hole that's there and around joint and it
> holds for a month or two. Unfortunately, you can't replace the problem
> part, and have to replace the whole assembly which last I check was really
> expensive.

Depending on how much DIY you want to do, the ball and socket can be
replaced with a Rod end similar to this:
http://www.smallparts.com/steel-stud...qid=1299852342

SmallParts.com has an interesting accumulation of parts we often use for
prototyping machines in my line of work.

Before you go through all this, make sure that nothing in the wiper arm
bearing is seizing up and causing excess force on the drive.