2011 - 2012 Mustang GT Coupe with HID?

Old November 30th 12, 11:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Justin[_10_]

Default 2011 - 2012 Mustang GT Coupe with HID?

I'm thinking of an '11/12 Mustang GT Coupe (not convertible) for the Spring.
I know they come in automatic, but what about HID or Xenon headlights?
I'll probably go Ford CPO.
Old December 3rd 12, 07:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
RichA

On Nov 30, 5:51*pm, Justin >
wrote:
> I'm thinking of an '11/12 Mustang GT Coupe (not convertible) for the Spring.
> I know they come in automatic, but what about HID or Xenon headlights?
> I'll probably go Ford CPO.

I don't like these beady little lights they now use in higher-end
cars. They create an off-proportioned look to cars that rows of
accessory LED's don't make up for.
Old December 7th 12, 12:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Justin[_11_]

On 12/3/2012 1:08 AM, RichA wrote:
> On Nov 30, 5:51 pm, >
> wrote:
>> I'm thinking of an '11/12 Mustang GT Coupe (not convertible) for the Spring.
>> I know they come in automatic, but what about HID or Xenon headlights?
>> I'll probably go Ford CPO.

> I don't like these beady little lights they now use in higher-end
> cars. They create an off-proportioned look to cars that rows of
> accessory LED's don't make up for.

Thanks? I think.
Old December 9th 12, 05:05 PM
Aaronrobinson Aaronrobinson is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin[_10_] View Post
I'm thinking of an '11/12 Mustang GT Coupe (not convertible) for the Spring.
I know they come in automatic, but what about Peimar led or Xenon headlights?
I'll probably go Ford CPO.
You need to try led lights as they save power

Last edited by Aaronrobinson : December 10th 12 at 10:43 AM.
Old December 10th 12, 04:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
nofingers

"Justin" > wrote in message
> On 12/3/2012 1:08 AM, RichA wrote:
>> On Nov 30, 5:51 pm, >
>> wrote:
>>> I'm thinking of an '11/12 Mustang GT Coupe (not convertible) for the
>>> Spring.
>>> I know they come in automatic, but what about HID or Xenon headlights?
>>> I'll probably go Ford CPO.

>> I don't like these beady little lights they now use in higher-end
>> cars. They create an off-proportioned look to cars that rows of
>> accessory LED's don't make up for.

> Thanks? I think.

I heard some of these headlights cost $500 apiece, and have an electronic
module on them.

Old December 10th 12, 05:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

On 12/10/2012 09:53, nofingers wrote:
> "Justin" > wrote in message
>> On 12/3/2012 1:08 AM, RichA wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't like these beady little lights they now use in higher-end
>>> cars. They create an off-proportioned look to cars that rows of
>>> accessory LED's don't make up for.

>> Thanks? I think.

> I heard some of these headlights cost $500 apiece, and have an electronic
> module on them.

That would be the leveling device.
Old December 10th 12, 05:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent[_4_]

On 2012-11-30, Justin > wrote:
> I'm thinking of an '11/12 Mustang GT Coupe (not convertible) for the Spring.
> I know they come in automatic, but what about HID or Xenon headlights?
> I'll probably go Ford CPO.

HIDs are expensive option new so I don't think they are on too many
cars. Finding an HID car on the used market could be tricky.

Old December 10th 12, 10:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Justin[_12_]

On 12/10/2012 10:53 AM, nofingers wrote:
> > wrote in message
>> On 12/3/2012 1:08 AM, RichA wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't like these beady little lights they now use in higher-end
>>> cars. They create an off-proportioned look to cars that rows of
>>> accessory LED's don't make up for.

>> Thanks? I think.

> I heard some of these headlights cost $500 apiece, and have an electronic
> module on them.

Correct.
I don't have a problem spending money on something that is of good
quality and produces a better result.
I've been driving with Xenon/HID for the past ten years and I love it.
I'm pretty dead set on a Mustang GT, so if I can't find one with HIDs
then I just have to live without them.
I work for a Ford dealer so I'll have to get some of our buyers to start
looking around the end of February.

Old January 1st 13, 05:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
RichA

On Dec 10, 4:50*pm, Justin > wrote:
> On 12/10/2012 10:53 AM, nofingers wrote:
>

> > > *wrote in message

> >> Thanks? *I think.

> > I heard some of these headlights cost $500 *apiece, and have an electronic
> > module on them.

> Correct.
> I don't have a problem spending money on something that is of good
> quality and produces a better result.
> I've been driving with Xenon/HID

Unless you are a country bumpkin, you don't need the output they
produce. Cities are well-lit. The only good thing is the colour
temperature, bluer than the yellow of the old lights.
Old January 1st 13, 04:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

On 12/31/2012 10:31 PM, RichA wrote:

>>> I heard some of these headlights cost $500 apiece, and have an electronic
>>> module on them.

>> Correct.
>> I don't have a problem spending money on something that is of good
>> quality and produces a better result.
>> I've been driving with Xenon/HID

> Unless you are a country bumpkin, you don't need the output they
> produce. Cities are well-lit. The only good thing is the colour
> temperature, bluer than the yellow of the old lights.

That is 200% incorrect. HID lights are *much* brighter and that
helps you see better no matter where you are and they use a lot less
power. Regular low bean halogen is 55 watts, HIDs are 35 watts. As
someone who has used conversions and owned cars that came with HID
lights, IMO they are worth the upgrade other peoples MMV according to
the cost and what they are willing to spend.

IOS: Nav DVD....2010/2011/2012 Just Me[_5_] Corvette 1 April 4th 12 05:57 PM
2012 Mustang D E Willson Ford Mustang 7 March 3rd 12 07:43 PM
New/2011 5.0 Mustang Details NoOp[_3_] Ford Mustang 37 January 3rd 10 07:44 AM
New/2011 5.0 Mustang Details Frank ess Ford Mustang 0 January 1st 10 07:20 PM