no power to the fuse box..help

Old January 20th 05, 03:52 AM
YZPILOT2

Default no power to the fuse box..help

hey guys/gals
im in the process of wiring my 65 and need some help.
the new harness is routed and ive gotten the hot wire from the battery to the
starter. also got the two red wires from the starter to the front of the car.
ran one red wire to #50 on the ignition switch and the other to #30 on the
light swith//i think this is correct. then ran another wire from each of those
posts to the last spot on the fuse box.(8th terminal) then ran a black wire
from 15/54 on the ignition switch to the first spot on the fuse box
i turn the key, the engine turns over which tells me ive got power at the
ignition swith right?
so, how come i have no power at the fuse box? i tried the test light and
nothing happens. shouldnt the two wires coming from the starter to the ignition
and light switch be hot?
my thinking is that both end terminals on the fuse box should be hot now but
arent?
any help/info would be appreciated..course if your in the 909 and wanna come
over that would be even better,lol
Old January 20th 05, 04:47 AM
Speedy Jim

YZPILOT2 wrote:

> hey guys/gals
> im in the process of wiring my 65 and need some help.
> the new harness is routed and ive gotten the hot wire from the battery to the
> starter. also got the two red wires from the starter to the front of the car.
> ran one red wire to #50 on the ignition switch and the other to #30 on the
> light swith//i think this is correct. then ran another wire from each of those
> posts to the last spot on the fuse box.(8th terminal) then ran a black wire
> from 15/54 on the ignition switch to the first spot on the fuse box
> i turn the key, the engine turns over which tells me ive got power at the
> ignition swith right?
> so, how come i have no power at the fuse box? i tried the test light and
> nothing happens. shouldnt the two wires coming from the starter to the ignition
> and light switch be hot?
> my thinking is that both end terminals on the fuse box should be hot now but
> arent?
> any help/info would be appreciated..course if your in the 909 and wanna come
> over that would be even better,lol

I think you have the 2 red wires reversed.
Only one of them is Hot. Find out which one with your test light.
The Hot one goes to the Headlight switch. From there, power goes to
everything else.

Download diagram he
http://www.vintagebus.com/wiring.html

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/

eScrew OWNS YOU!!! [email protected] VW air cooled 4 December 21st 04 02:06 AM
es [email protected] Chrysler 0 December 20th 04 11:16 AM
Fuse for 2002 Suburban Power Port David L. Crow 4x4 1 September 15th 04 03:10 AM