Battery Drain #9 fuse 2005 Honda CRV

Old December 21st 06, 07:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
sc1965

Default Battery Drain #9 fuse 2005 Honda CRV

I bought a brand new 2005 Honda CRV SE last year and am having a few
problems. After a few months, the dome light in the back turns on and
shows up on the dash like the door is open when it's not open or even
unlocked. I couldn't get the dome light to shut off no matter how hard
I shut the door. It would go on and off on it's own so I turned the
dome to the off position but the dash icon does not stay off. After
taking it to the dealer 3 times and being told it's all in my head and
they tell me they've adjusted the sensitivity to it, it goes on again
as soon as I am 10 miles from the dealership. Not a big deal but it
was a nuisance.

Six months later I have a remote starter installed and was very happy.
Several months later my battery is dead if I don't drive the car every
24 hours...something is draining the battery. I buy a new battery. A
few days later the new battery is dead. I take it to my neighborhood
mechanic, he didn't believe the back door light story and blames it on
my remote starter, they he realizes the back door light is truly a
problem. He disables the auto starter and adjusts the back door
sensitivity but can't fix the battery drain problem and tells me to
take it to the dealer.

The dealer doesn't want to honor the warranty because of the remote
starter and thinks maybe it caused the car to "go bad". I have had
nothing but the runaround. The fuse #9 shows up as causing the
electrical drain on the battery. The fuse is what the interior lights
are connected to. What am I supposed to do now? I need the car to run
and I need the fuse to be operational. AAA roadside assistance is now
maxed out for the year because of how many jump starts I've needed.

The dealers treat me like I'm a second class citizen and tell me I
should have my "husband" talk to them. Well, I don't have one of those
and I didn't need a husband when I bought the car and paid cash! My
money was good enough then but aparently not enough to get these jerks
to fix my car. Does anyone have any realistic options outside of me
getting a mail order husband to "rescue" me?

Old December 21st 06, 03:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
E Meyer

Go to a different dealer and don't say anything about remote start. Just
tell them about fuse #9 and the back light. Have you checked that the
window in the back is fully closed? That is what sets the "trunk open"
light on the dash, not the door itself.

On 12/21/06 1:45 AM, in article
, "sc1965"

Old December 21st 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Matt Ion

E Meyer wrote:
> Go to a different dealer and don't say anything about remote start. Just
> tell them about fuse #9 and the back light. Have you checked that the
> window in the back is fully closed? That is what sets the "trunk open"
> light on the dash, not the door itself.

Seconded - go to another dealer, and tell them YOUR dealer is treating you like
crap. They should know if they can make you happy, they'll have won a customer
away from their competitor.
Old December 24th 06, 09:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Woody[_1_]

Call Honda customer support and file a complaint with them. The number is in
your owners manual....

ups.com...

Old December 26th 06, 02:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
ponchonutty[_6_]

Magnuson vs. moss act is all you have to say to your dealer.

--
ponchonutty
ponchonutty's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...p?userid=94610

http://www.automotiveforums.com