valve body assembly??

Old November 21st 05, 01:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default valve body assembly??

I have the old slam in reverse problem and figured on changing the
valve body.. now saturn has changed the program and only change the
whole assembly. Does the whole assembly come with switches/solenoids or
is it just twice as much money for the heck of it???

I have an extended warranty program that pays half but am worried that
they will not pay half of the whole assembly just the old valve body
price which would turn my payment from 250.00 to 400.00 quite a large
jump.
thanks
phil

Old November 21st 05, 04:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Have you tried the "reverse slam" fix posted here? Many claim it fixed
their problem.

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/arc...p/t-23670.html

If you need the whole valve assembly changed, then they should cover half if
that is the only part sold and that is what your warranty covers. Another
option is a scrap yard unit. Find a donor with low miles if at all
possible.

Bob

oups.com...

Old November 21st 05, 05:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

I'd love to try the fix but my son just doesn't want to do it.. he just
wants it fixed once and for all.. my guess is though that it is a
problem that will return after x miles even with a new valve body
assembly. I think he just wants to get it fixed while he's living at
home for he has extra money until later when he moves out.
My answer is.. try it you have nothing to lose!!

Old November 21st 05, 10:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Also it is a simple thing to do. All you need is a new spin on trans
filter, 4 quarts of Dexron III ATF fluid, and a bottle of trans additive.
Changing the ATF fluid and filter in S-series cars is actually a lot easier
than changing the oil. You really do have nothing to lose and the cost will
be about $25 and an hour of your time.

The "permanent" fix is to do regular maintenance and change that fluid and
filter every 25 or 30K miles.

Bob

ups.com...