I need help: 1998 Honda Civic 4 door LX

Old May 26th 05, 02:17 AM
Ez

Default I need help: 1998 Honda Civic 4 door LX

To whom it may concern, I have some questions.
I'm taking purchase of a 1998 Honda Civic 4 door LX model, with a manual
transmission.
I was wondering if anyone has one, and can tell me what the standard
features are.
The LX I'm looking at has no power windows, no power locks, no cruise
control.
Is that right?
Furthermore, my vehicle has ABS, is that a standard option as well?

I read American reviews on the vehicle, and the specs seem to indicate that
it in fact should have at least cruise control. Perhaps those are American
figures

If anyone can help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks so much!

Old May 26th 05, 02:52 AM
S.S.

Ez wrote:

> To whom it may concern, I have some questions.
> I'm taking purchase of a 1998 Honda Civic 4 door LX model, with a manual
> transmission.
> I was wondering if anyone has one, and can tell me what the standard
> features are.
> The LX I'm looking at has no power windows, no power locks, no cruise
> control.
> Is that right?
> Furthermore, my vehicle has ABS, is that a standard option as well?

I have a hard time believing that this particular car has ABS. I believe
you had to get the upscale EX model to get ABS on a Canadian Civic of this
generation. On the current Civic (2001 and newer), the LX does have ABS.

> I read American reviews on the vehicle, and the specs seem to indicate that
> it in fact should have at least cruise control. Perhaps those are American
> figures
>
> If anyone can help me out, I'd really appreciate it.
>
> Thanks so much!

Canadian and American trim levels of Hondas have been known to be quite
different in some cases. Take my Canadian '93 Accord LX, for example. This
was the base model, on which cruise control was available (and yes, mine has
it). The American base model equivalent was a DX, on which you could NOT
get cruise control.
Old May 26th 05, 03:40 AM
Ez

Thanks for responding, I believe the base model for the civic that year was
the DX, the LX is mid-range, EX fully loaded.
I'm told the car has ABS, is there any way of guaranteeing that in fact the
car does have ABS, without stomping on the brakes and hoping they don't lock
up?

Old May 26th 05, 04:18 AM
disallow loewen_t at yahoo dot ca via CarKB.com

My canadian LX had nuthin, no abs, cruise, air, not even a cassette player.
Just AM/FM.

I added cruise (aftermarket, not recommended), and air (factory, so no
difference from factory installed).

I noticed that the LX is one of the higher US trim levels, includes ABS and
some other features...

Old May 26th 05, 04:49 AM
motsco_ _

Ez wrote:
> Thanks for responding, I believe the base model for the civic that year was
> the DX, the LX is mid-range, EX fully loaded.
> I'm told the car has ABS, is there any way of guaranteeing that in fact the
> car does have ABS, without stomping on the brakes and hoping they don't lock
> up?
> "S.S." > wrote in message
>
>>Ez wrote:
>>

>>>To whom it may concern, I have some questions.
>>>I'm taking purchase of a 1998 Honda Civic 4 door LX model, with a manual
>>>transmission.
>>>I was wondering if anyone has one, and can tell me what the standard
>>>features are.
>>>The LX I'm looking at has no power windows, no power locks, no cruise
>>>control.
>>>Is that right?
>>>Furthermore, my vehicle has ABS, is that a standard option as well?
>>>

>>I have a hard time believing that this particular car has ABS. I believe
>>you had to get the upscale EX model to get ABS on a Canadian Civic of this
>>generation. On the current Civic (2001 and newer), the LX does have ABS.
>>

>>>I read American reviews on the vehicle, and the specs seem to indicate
>>>that
>>>it in fact should have at least cruise control. Perhaps those are
>>>American
>>>figures
>>>
>>>If anyone can help me out, I'd really appreciate it.
>>>
>>>Thanks so much!

>>Canadian and American trim levels of Hondas have been known to be quite
>>different in some cases. Take my Canadian '93 Accord LX, for example.
>>This
>>was the base model, on which cruise control was available (and yes, mine
>>has
>>it). The American base model equivalent was a DX, on which you could NOT
>>get cruise control.

-----------------------

Look under the hood and you'll see a 'block' with five or six brake
lines going into it . . That's the ABS. You can also tell if you set the
park brake up one click, so the BRAKE light comes on the dash. Drive a
few hundred feet and the ABS light will come on too.

'Curly'

Old May 26th 05, 01:14 PM
Jerry Albro

Turning on the ignition before starting the motor, all dashboard
indicator lights should come on as a self test... no ABS light, no ABS.

- Jerry