Lehigh Valley Miata Owners Club Drive To Survive

Old September 28th 08, 03:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Default Lehigh Valley Miata Owners Club Drive To Survive

The LVMOC will be holding its Fourth Annual Drive To Survive, to
benefit the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, on Sunday, October 5,
2008, beginning at Young's Mazda, Route 33 and Hecktown Road, Easton,
PA. The event will run from 10:00 am to approximately 4:00 pm.

The reason for this event's elevated level of awesomeness is
threefold:

First, the THE DRIVE TO SURVIVE gives you the opportunity to
participate in a spirited drive with fellow Miata enthusiasts on some
of the most enjoyable roads in the Lehigh Valley and Pocono areas. You
will have the opportunity to experience such renowned PA thoroughfares
as the Bushkill drive and the Million Dollar Highway. You will have
the chance to once again practice the "Le Mans start", the "wave
through", the "Miata wave", and most importantly, participate in the
well-known rousing CB chat of any Miata drive, for as we all know,
chatting on the internet with our fellow LVMOC'ers is fun, but it's a
whole lot more fun communicating orally in real time while driving!

Second, unlike other drives which include some fun driving and some
great food only, this drive also includes PRIZES! During the silent
auction period of this event you will have the opportunity to bid on a
group of Miata-related and non-Miata-related items. This year's list
of donations is, by far, the coolest to date. Among the prizes you
could go home with this year are numerous gift cards to local stores
and attractions, a NINTENDO WII, a Weber grill, a "Spaghetti Dinner"
basket , a DVD player, Service and parts discounts from North Penn
Mazda and even a BOSS FROG ROLL BAR !

The third and most important component of this event's triad of
coolness is the fact that while our other events are centered around
our shared love of fun roads, the creation of beer, the mysteries of
potato chip production, the love of domestically produced wine or
other intrinsically-motivated pursuits, this event is centered around
helping others and promoting their quality of life. 100% of the
proceeds of each year's THE DRIVE TO SURVIVE are donated to the Breast
Cancer Research Foundation in the hopes that a cure for this disease
may be found. Since LVMOC has been hosting this event we have donated
more than $23,000 to the BCRF, a feat which may be the crowning
achievement of our organization.

Because the THE DRIVE TO SURVIVE is more than just a drive, signing up
to be a part of this event involves a bit more than just posting that
you'll be there. To become part of the drive you must download, print,
fill out and mail the registration form, along with a $30 per person
donation, to Chuck Carleton, the co-organizer of the event. Your
$30.00 per person registration donation gets you not only a fun-filled
day of driving and lunch but also a complementary ticket for the
silent auction (additional tickets can be purchased at the event to
increase your chances of winning the prize of your choosing), and the
feeling that you have done something to help find a cure for this
disease.

More information is available on the LVMOC website: www.lvmoc.net and
on the event website www.thedrivetosurvive.com as well as links to the
raffle items.

Tickets for the raffle may be purchased ON-LINE and you need not be
present to win. Registrations will be accepted the morning of THE
DRIVE TO SURVIVE but there will be only a limited number of event
t-shirts available then.

Iva & Vixen
2004 Classic Red
No more winkin' Miata

Old September 29th 08, 02:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
SINNER

* Iva wrote in rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata:

> The LVMOC will be holding its Fourth Annual Drive To Survive, to
> benefit the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, on Sunday, October 5,
> 2008, beginning at Young's Mazda, Route 33 and Hecktown Road, Easton,
> PA. The event will run from 10:00 am to approximately 4:00 pm.

[...]

Anyone know of anything like this in Dallas or the North Texas area?

--
David
Old October 7th 08, 05:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

I'm happy to announce that our Fourth Annual Drive To Survive took in
over $10,000 this year! We're still waiting for some of the pledges
but at this time we have over $10,600 to donate to the Breast Cancer
Research Foundation.

Photos, etc., can be found at our website www.lvmoc.net - you may have
to join the website to view them but there is no cost to do so.

Thanks to everyone who helped!

Iva & Vixen
2004 Classic Red
No more winkin' Miata

Old October 11th 08, 06:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Ken Lyons

That's really great. Is the Drive to Survive usually scheduled for the
first weekend in October? We'll have to put it on our calendar for next
year.
--
Ken Lyons '97 Brilliant Black/'90 Classic Red
Inside the Beltway

news

Old October 11th 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Ken Lyons wrote:
> That's really great. Is the Drive to Survive usually scheduled for
> the first weekend in October? We'll have to put it on our calendar
> for next year.
> --
> Ken Lyons '97 Brilliant Black/'90 Classic Red
> Inside the Beltway

We usually try to schedule it for the first Sunday in October. Our
calendar is usually posted on-line sometime after the beginning of the
year. Although it is greatly subject to change!

The raffle for the watches is still on-going so our final number is
still climbing. And every penny we raise goes to the Breast Cancer
Research Foundation - we keep no funds for the club, other than a
minimal amount, usually around $50, to keep the bank account open.

Iva & Vixen
2004 Classic Red
No more winkin' Miata

Lehigh Valley Miata Owners Club Drive To Survive Iva Mazda 0 September 1st 07 03:53 PM
Drive To Survive eBay auction Iva Mazda 0 October 19th 06 03:36 PM
Update on Drive To Survive E-bay auction Iva Mazda 8 October 14th 06 04:55 PM
Update on Drive To Survive Iva Mazda 8 October 7th 06 12:56 AM
Lehigh Valley Miata Owners Club makes the news! Iva Mazda 8 January 7th 06 02:32 AM