Stupidity Kills

Old January 9th 06, 09:14 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Stupidity Kills

From the local paper:

TSU student in critical condition after wreck

By MISTY SHAW Staff Writer
Thursday, January 5, 2006 10:56 AM CST

Stephenville Police Department officials are still investigating a one-
vehicle accident in the early morning hours Wednesday that left a
Tarleton State University student in critical condition.
<<Kojak must be on vacation, since this one should require less
investigation time than clean up time>>

Brad Eugene Buffe, 21, of Zephyr, was transported by CareFlite from
Harris Methodist Erath County Hospital to John Peter Smith Hospital in
Fort Worth, where he remains in critical condition after wrecking his
2002 Kawasaki Ninja motorcycle Wednesday morning.

“At approximately 1:30 (a.m.), a Stephenville Police officer in an
unmarked unit observed a 2002 green/white Kawasaki Ninja driving
recklessly in the city of Stephenville,” SPD Det. Lt. Sha King said.
“The officer notified dispatch and marked units were dispatched to the
area of Farm to Market Road 988 and Lingleville Road.
<<Unmarked unit in this town? I'm almost certain that translates to his
personal vehicle while off-duty, but it's more or less irrelevant under
the circumstances>>

“The motorcyclist, traveling East on Lingleville Road, passed three
officers in marked units with overhead emergency lights on,” King
continued. “The officers were all traveling west on Lingleville Road.
The motorcyclist failed to slow down or stop, and due to his high rate
of
speed, was unable to negotiate the curve in the 1600 block of
Lingleville Road. The motorcycle struck the curb, which caused the
motorcyclist to be thrown from the motorcycle.”
<<I meant to snap some photos of the approach to this "curve," but I
forgot. Suffice it to say that at the 85th percentile speed of around
50mph (posted 40, state highway, 5-lane, moderate residential area) it's
a non-issue even on a wet road in an ungainly pickup, and it's been bone
dry for weeks>>

King said Buffe was not wearing a helmet while operating the motorcycle.
<<Suicide by stupidity.>>

“Speed and alcohol were contributing factors in the accident,” King
said. “The accident is still under investigation.”

<<IMO, there are only two unanswered questions here; just how fast did
he have to go to screw up on that road on a bike made for fast handling,
and was he trying to run from the cops, or just drunk enough to hope
they didn't notice him?>>

Old January 9th 06, 05:08 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

This thing is a psychopath with no regard for the lives of others. In
this instance he hurt only himself but eventually he'll kill and maim
others. If he survives (and i hope he doesn't) then he should never be
allowed to drive again.

Old January 10th 06, 12:49 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> This thing is a psychopath with no regard for the lives of others. In
> this instance he hurt only himself but eventually he'll kill and maim
> others. If he survives (and i hope he doesn't) then he should never be
> allowed to drive again.

Luckily he was on a motorbike rather than in a 4WD/SUV, otherwise the
chance of collecting and killing an innocent party when he lost control
would've been far more likely.