Mazda mpv engine dieing out problem on hot restart

Old February 16th 07, 04:51 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Mazda mpv engine dieing out problem on hot restart

Hi, I have a '92 Mazda MPV V6 and it just started having a strange
problem.
Most often on a warm start, usually after sitting 10 - 15 min's or so,
the
van starts fine and comes down to idle and then slowly loses rpm until
it
dies out. If I goose the gas pedal, it will go back up in rpm, come
back
down to idle again and then slowly die out. If I drive it like this, I
can
get it going by continuing to goose the pedal and then i usually have
the
pedal down about 1/3 of the way even though I am barely moving as if I
only
stepped on the pedal a little and eventually it all of a sudden zooms
up to
about 3000 rpm. This seems to go for a couple of minutes and then
everthing is back to normal idle(about 850 rpm) . I've also noticed it
if I . I've also noticed it if I
restart right away or within the first few minutes everything is ok
and is also ok if the engine is cold. Any ideas or maybe somebody has
had the same problem.....thks