Utah: Increasing Speed Limits Doesn't Kill

Old November 15th 09, 03:29 PM posted to misc.transport.road,misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport
Douglas W. \Popeye\ Frederick

Default Utah: Increasing Speed Limits Doesn't Kill

"Steve Firth" > wrote

Nothing, really.

Sweet Pea, I've been on Usenet for over a decade.

Ignoring sophistic, apoplectic, Tourette's prison bitches like you isn't
even an effort anymore.

Popeye
"If one does as God does enough times, one
will become as God is." -Dr. Hannibal Lector.

www.finalprotectivefire.com
http://picasaweb.google.com/Popeye8762

Old November 15th 09, 03:38 PM posted to misc.transport.road,misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport
Douglas W. \Popeye\ Frederick

"Bernd Felsche" > wrote in message
> "Douglas W. \"Popeye\" Frederick" > wrote:
>>"Bernd Felsche" > wrote:
>>> "Douglas W. \"Popeye\" Frederick" >
>>> wrote:

>>> You can pay somebody to translate the document for you, or fetch the
>>> English-language version.

>> You post in English, you should cite in English.

> There is NO onus on me to translate the document. There isn't even
> any onus to indicate the source,

Then there's no onus no me to believe you.

> I did indicate the source that I
> used as a matter of courtesy. Though judging by your past
> performance; "courtesy" may well be a foreign word to you; though it
> is English.

<Yawn>

>> You assume anything you have to say would be worth any other bother.

> The English-language version is online.
> You've shown that you're too feckless to find it.

<Yawn>

> Lesson ZERO of Usenet:
> If you can't stand being shown to be wrong, don't post.
>
> You seem to think that other people are more stupid than you are,

I've said nothing to indicate that.

Quite to the contrary, I was interested in your point, and requested
clarification.

Particularly, I find it incredulous that your country has that little
secondary highway, and I wanted to see how it was defined.

Then -you- began stomping your feet like a petulent 10 year old.

Seems to be SOP in your newsgroup.

> and would lie about figures in a cited foreign-language document;

Methinks thou doth protest too much.

Besides, I said or implied no such thing.

>in a newsgroup read by people who use that language every day.

And you talk about -other- people's courtesy?

Post in English, cite in English.

Lesson -0 of Usenet.

Old November 15th 09, 03:51 PM posted to misc.transport.road,misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport
Steve Firth

Douglas W. "Popeye" Frederick > wrote:

> Post in English, cite in English.
>
> Lesson -0 of Usenet.

Could you provide a cite for that?
Old November 15th 09, 03:51 PM posted to misc.transport.road,misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport
Steve Firth

Douglas W. "Popeye" Frederick > wrote:

> Sweet Pea, I've been on Usenet for over a decade.

And in a decade, you've learned nothing.
Old November 15th 09, 07:26 PM posted to misc.transport.road,misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport
Alan Baker

In article > ,
"Douglas W. \"Popeye\" Frederick" >
wrote:

> "Alan Baker" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > "Douglas W. \"Popeye\" Frederick" >

> >> Compared to your anecdotal account from when?

> > I argued that lane discipline is enforced with more vigour in Germany.
> >
> > You tacitly accepted my position. Your cite only suggests that it isn't
> > enforced in every case.
> >
> > I do *not* accept your position that it is enforced here. It is not
> > enforced here (for all practical purposes) *at all*.
> >
> > So lets see some support for your claim.

> That's a nice tapdance, but you're the one that made the initial assertion
> of "much higher standards", and provided a specific example, which I easily
> shot down.

You didn't shoot it down. You accepted it.

If I say "X does Y" and you reply "So does Z", you accept my premise.

> Then, while you obfuscated, Bernd Felsche was kind enough to provide
> confirmation;
>
> "Elefantenrennen have been the target of Police in recent years, both
> according to press reports and what I've seen on the roads."
>
> If the problem didn't exist, why would it require targeting by police?

So now you're accepting his statement and ignoring the fact that it
confirms that they are enforcing something that isn't enforced here.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old November 15th 09, 07:27 PM posted to misc.transport.road,misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport
Alan Baker

In article > ,
"Douglas W. \"Popeye\" Frederick" >
wrote:

> "Bernd Felsche" > wrote in message
> > "Douglas W. \"Popeye\" Frederick" > wrote:

> >>It certainly doesn't, but it -does- prove that it's also enforced much
> >>less stringently on the Autobahn than you attempt to imply.

> > Smells like a baseless assertion. No data.

> "Elefantenrennen have been the target of Police in recent years, both
> according to press reports and what I've seen on the roads. You will
> have 45 seconds to pass in the --->near future<---. That's it."

"in recent years".

You're welcome.

The fact that they are making a change doesn't make that go away.