Today's hint;

Old March 2nd 12, 08:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Mr. K[_2_]

Default Today's hint;

well, installing an engine in a '71 Van went pretty well, but I forgot
to thread the accelerator cable as it went in.
So, being claustrophobic , I found a long tube the same dimensions as
the original throttle tube. Push that thru inches longer and it was a
lot easier to find down under.
Hope that helps someone.
--
Karma, What a concept!
Old March 5th 12, 04:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
DogDiesel

"Mr. K" > wrote in message
> well, installing an engine in a '71 Van went pretty well, but I forgot
> to thread the accelerator cable as it went in.
> So, being claustrophobic , I found a long tube the same dimensions as
> the original throttle tube. Push that thru inches longer and it was a
> lot easier to find down under.
> Hope that helps someone.
> --
> Karma, What a concept!

hmmmmm. let us know if it works.

Old March 6th 12, 05:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Mr. K[_2_]

In article >,
"DogDiesel" > wrote:

> "Mr. K" > wrote in message
> > well, installing an engine in a '71 Van went pretty well, but I forgot
> > to thread the accelerator cable as it went in.
> > So, being claustrophobic , I found a long tube the same dimensions as
> > the original throttle tube. Push that thru inches longer and it was a
> > lot easier to find down under.
> > Hope that helps someone.
> > --
> > Karma, What a concept!

> hmmmmm. let us know if it works.

It worked beautifully. The funniest part was after f*(king with this for
an hour , I gave up till the next day, walked in to 'find" this tube in
the ferch pile. I don't remember even where it came from. God?
--
Karma, What a concept!