Ontario's OPP finally admits that....

Old July 30th 05, 04:24 AM
RichA

Default Ontario's OPP finally admits that....

....the biggest cause of crashes on the highway
is TAILGATING and NOT speeding. The OPP are the
Ontario Provincial Police and it's their job to
patrol the highways. It's pretty
clear to anyone who has ever thought about it,
but it's about TIME they admitted that their cash-cow
(speeding tickets)perhaps should be augmented by
charging those MORONS who insist on following 10-20
feet behind cars doing 60+mph on highways or 2-3 feet
for city driving. I HATE tailgaters. I'd like to see
people lose their licenses for habitually doing this
but I KNOW the cops don't like to enforce the anti-tailgating laws
because they aren't the "slam dunks" a radar gun can
give you.
-Rich
Old August 5th 05, 11:14 AM
BradandBrooks

Rich, get a grip.

There is NO law against taitgaiting. Following to close is what you're
thinking of, but only applicable when there is a crash. It has nothing to
do with speed, and can be issued at 10MPH if the roads are slick.

Just ignore them man... or, better yet, , get a 5,000lb plus Bronco, like
me, and defy the piece of jap **** or whatever to move you. That's my
favorite when I'm not in the 5.0... just try and move me. Please, try...

Brad

Old August 6th 05, 12:38 AM
WindsorFox[SS]

BradandBrooks wrote:
> Rich, get a grip.
>
> There is NO law against taitgaiting. Following to close is what you're
> thinking of, but only applicable when there is a crash. It has nothing to
> do with speed, and can be issued at 10MPH if the roads are slick.
>
> Just ignore them man... or, better yet, , get a 5,000lb plus Bronco, like
> me, and defy the piece of jap **** or whatever to move you. That's my
> favorite when I'm not in the 5.0... just try and move me. Please, try...
>

> Brad

EEEEEEEEEEENKK! In louisiana it is illegal to follow too closely
and you can be ticketed whether there is an accident or not. In fact
lately cops have ticketed tailgaters (not gators) in line at stop
lights. The recent TV ad states "Tailgating is illegal and that means
when at a rest too."

--

"Gullible is a misdemeanor - stupid is a felony...
clueless gets you committed..." - JG
Old August 8th 05, 11:55 PM
JS

"WindsorFox[SS]" > wrote in message
> BradandBrooks wrote:
>> Rich, get a grip.
>>
>> There is NO law against taitgaiting. Following to close is what you're
>> thinking of, but only applicable when there is a crash. It has nothing
>> to do with speed, and can be issued at 10MPH if the roads are slick.
>>
>> Just ignore them man... or, better yet, , get a 5,000lb plus Bronco,
>> like me, and defy the piece of jap **** or whatever to move you. That's
>> my favorite when I'm not in the 5.0... just try and move me. Please,
>> try...
>>
>> Brad

> EEEEEEEEEEENKK! In louisiana it is illegal to follow too closely and
> you can be ticketed whether there is an accident or not. In fact lately
> cops have ticketed tailgaters (not gators) in line at stop lights. The
> recent TV ad states "Tailgating is illegal and that means when at a rest
> too."
>
> --
>
> "Gullible is a misdemeanor - stupid is a felony...
> clueless gets you committed..." - JG

Damn... at a stop light? In some areas, *not* doing what they call
tailgating at a stoplight would result in traffic tie-ups that are
completely unnecessary...

JS

Finally! JohnH Driving 16 July 30th 05 12:08 AM
will you sow against the ceiling, if James finally dyes the sauce Deaf Tired Vampire General 0 January 15th 05 01:41 PM
it moved, you received, yet Martin never finally covered about the structure Q. U. Disch General 0 January 15th 05 12:21 PM
Follow-up: Code 43 on 90 A. EX finally cleared! Slipnfall Honda 0 September 23rd 04 04:04 AM