2005 Butt Ugly

Old March 7th 05, 06:15 PM
Grayfox

Default 2005 Butt Ugly

Is GM trying to kill off the Corvette..??? The new 2005 not only has the
same big ass look but now has a happy face to go along with it...it appears
that engineers do a great job but that the styling dept is full of
idiots.Only my opinion but compared to some of the other cars now on the
market the Vette is looking sort of out of date..heck to my wife all the
Vettes from 1984 to date look the same...

I know GM was attempting get the BIG Ferrari look ( toothless mouth look )
but on the Vette it does not fly... too bad....it is funny that the car that
now turns heads and turns people on is a cheap $17,000 list price
Mustang...selling like crazy...???

Old March 7th 05, 07:58 PM
Bob G.

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 18:15:19 GMT, "Grayfox"
> wrote:

>Is GM trying to kill off the Corvette..??? The new 2005 not only has the
>same big ass look but now has a happy face to go along with it...it appears
>that engineers do a great job but that the styling dept is full of
>idiots.Only my opinion but compared to some of the other cars now on the
>market the Vette is looking sort of out of date..heck to my wife all the
>Vettes from 1984 to date look the same...
>
>I know GM was attempting get the BIG Ferrari look ( toothless mouth look )
>but on the Vette it does not fly... too bad....it is funny that the car that
>now turns heads and turns people on is a cheap $17,000 list price
>Mustang...selling like crazy...???

=======================
Personally I can not think of one single NEW car that lights my fire
because of its styling...

I though that my 60+ year old eyes had lost the aboility to send the
correct signals to my brain ..or my brain lost the ability to decode
what signals my eyes were transmitting...

Today most cars just look the same...nothing much different in any of
them...

My gripe with the C5 was the front ....too plain...not the back...
The C6 has a much better front...(well if you do not have to put a
Lic. Plate on it) and the ass end "looks" smaller....

JMO...

Bob Griffiths
64 72 76 79 & 95 Corvettes

Old March 7th 05, 08:28 PM
Dad

"Bob G." > wrote in message
> On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 18:15:19 GMT, "Grayfox"
> > wrote:
>
>>Is GM trying to kill off the Corvette..??? The new 2005 not only has the
>>same big ass look but now has a happy face to go along with it...it
>>appears
>>that engineers do a great job but that the styling dept is full of
>>idiots.Only my opinion but compared to some of the other cars now on the
>>market the Vette is looking sort of out of date..heck to my wife all the
>>Vettes from 1984 to date look the same...
>>
>>I know GM was attempting get the BIG Ferrari look ( toothless mouth look )
>>but on the Vette it does not fly... too bad....it is funny that the car
>>that
>>now turns heads and turns people on is a cheap $17,000 list price
>>Mustang...selling like crazy...???
>>

> =======================
> Personally I can not think of one single NEW car that lights my fire
> because of its styling...
>
> I though that my 60+ year old eyes had lost the aboility to send the
> correct signals to my brain ..or my brain lost the ability to decode
> what signals my eyes were transmitting...
>
> Today most cars just look the same...nothing much different in any of
> them...
>
> My gripe with the C5 was the front ....too plain...not the back...
> The C6 has a much better front...(well if you do not have to put a
> Lic. Plate on it) and the ass end "looks" smaller....
>
> JMO...
>
> Bob Griffiths
> 64 72 76 79 & 95 Corvettes

Well they did two things, the C6 rear end is bigger than the C5, fooled your
old eyes again. Their other accomplishment was they made the rear end even
harder to wash, good job guys.

Is GM trying to kill off the Corvette? Good probability, their method of
operation is if it's making money screw with the customer because you don't
have any money to do it with the lesser cars. Why else would they stick a
Cadillac into the production mix that is an answer to a question that wasn't
ask?

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old March 7th 05, 09:55 PM
RicSeyler

Dunno, the Z06 looks very sweet to me.
I love the flared fenders, big ass tires and the scoops.

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove -SPAM- from email address
--------------------------------------
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson

Old March 7th 05, 10:39 PM
Charlie

"RicSeyler" > wrote in message
.. .

Dunno, the Z06 looks very sweet to me.
I love the flared fenders, big ass tires and the scoops.

I really like the new convertible. I hear they may be making a Z-06
convertible next year, which will be great.
--
Charlie
!993 Corvette Convertible

Old March 8th 05, 12:04 AM
StingRay

"RicSeyler" > wrote in message
.. .

>>Dunno, the Z06 looks very sweet to me.
>>I love the flared fenders, big ass tires and the scoops.

>>Ric Seyler
>>Online Racing: RicSeyler
>>GPL Handicap 6.35

>>http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
>>remove -SPAM- from email address
>>--------------------------------------
>>"Homer no function beer well without."
>>- H.J. Simpson

I'm with you on that Ric! I saw the Z06 at the Toronto International Car
Show and I'm still drooling. It was a great opportunity to try out my new
digital camera. Actually, I like the looks of the full new Vette lineup.
Some people just don't seem to like change, even when it's for the better.
;-)

Old March 8th 05, 01:02 AM
catbert

What the hell are the two guests doing here if they don't like the
Vette? Make yourselves happy at a Ford forum. I don't care if you
like the Vette anymore than you care if I like the Vette. Go do
something that will make you happy.

Old March 8th 05, 01:35 AM
CardsFan

"catbert" > wrote in message
.. .
> What the hell are the two guests doing here if they don't like the
> Vette? Make yourselves happy at a Ford forum. I don't care if you
> like the Vette anymore than you care if I like the Vette. Go do
> something that will make you happy.

Styling is a subjective thing. I like the C6, but I liked the C5 too. I'd
have to have them sitting side by side and look at both for a long time to
decide. Unlike some purists, I like the fixed headlights, but I'm not so
keen on the body color inside the covers. I like less overhang. I love
Xenon headlights. Thing is, they're similar enough that which I'd like
better would depend more on driving position, ergonomics, handling,
acceleration, etc. rather than styling.

I'm not sure Dad was saying he dislikes the C6; more that he prefers the C5.
I don't what Grayfox's agenda is, and I'm not inclined to Google his history
here to see. In any event, no way is GM trying to kill the Corvette.

AJM
'93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp

Old March 8th 05, 03:43 AM
Dad

"CardsFan" > wrote in message

> Styling is a subjective thing. I like the C6, but I liked the C5 too.
> I'd
> have to have them sitting side by side and look at both for a long time to
> decide. Unlike some purists, I like the fixed headlights, but I'm not so
> keen on the body color inside the covers. I like less overhang. I love
> Xenon headlights. Thing is, they're similar enough that which I'd like
> better would depend more on driving position, ergonomics, handling,
> acceleration, etc. rather than styling.
>
> I'm not sure Dad was saying he dislikes the C6; more that he prefers the
> C5.
> I don't what Grayfox's agenda is, and I'm not inclined to Google his
> history
> here to see. In any event, no way is GM trying to kill the Corvette.

My biggest dislike is that for some reason I thought there would be as much
of a gain in the C6 as there was in the C5. I think that is what the past
generation changes were, and the C5 was big a big enough change that it
started the whole "C" thing. My feeling is still the same, the C5 is a great
car, the C6 didn't better it by much. In fact it has some lesser qualities
than the C5. In all fairness it has a few better qualities also. As an
example I didn't think I would like the fixed lights until I drove them,
best change they made except for the HP increase. So you have 2 reasons for
buying a C6 beside your like, (or dislike), of its styling, plus it down
sides to not buy one.

My other comment about them trying to kill it may be a little facetious but
they sure look like it is a effort to screw up their production. I would
hate to be the people trying to put a great car out of that plant with all
of the fingers in the pie.

> AJM
> '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp

Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
72 Shark Black/Black/4spd

Old March 8th 05, 01:49 PM
CardsFan

"Dad" > wrote in message

> "CardsFan" > wrote in message
>>
>> Styling is a subjective thing. I like the C6, but I liked the C5 too.
>> I'd
>> have to have them sitting side by side and look at both for a long time
>> decide. Unlike some purists, I like the fixed headlights, but I'm not so
>> keen on the body color inside the covers. I like less overhang. I love
>> Xenon headlights. Thing is, they're similar enough that which I'd like
>> better would depend more on driving position, ergonomics, handling,
>> acceleration, etc. rather than styling.
>>
>> I'm not sure Dad was saying he dislikes the C6; more that he prefers the
>> C5.
>> I don't what Grayfox's agenda is, and I'm not inclined to Google his
>> history
>> here to see. In any event, no way is GM trying to kill the Corvette.
>>

> My biggest dislike is that for some reason I thought there would be as
> much of a gain in the C6 as there was in the C5. I think that is what the
> past generation changes were, and the C5 was big a big enough change that
> it started the whole "C" thing. My feeling is still the same, the C5 is a
> great car, the C6 didn't better it by much. In fact it has some lesser
> qualities than the C5. In all fairness it has a few better qualities also.
> As an example I didn't think I would like the fixed lights until I drove
> them, best change they made except for the HP increase. So you have 2
> reasons for buying a C6 beside your like, (or dislike), of its styling,
> plus it down sides to not buy one.

Well, as you've noted here, the C4 left an awful lot of room for improvement
despite 12 years of tweaking. The C5 was (is) a helluva car, and it would
be very difficult to make that same quantum leap and keep the price point
where it is.

> My other comment about them trying to kill it may be a little facetious
> but they sure look like it is a effort to screw up their production. I
> would hate to be the people trying to put a great car out of that plant
> with all of the fingers in the pie.

I agree GM is too much a bureaucracy and a finance company, and not enough
of a car company. But their goal is to make cars for the masses, I guess.
I'm grateful for the fact that they've made the 'Vette all these years
despite that. I don't know why they're suddenly letting Cadillac have all
the fun; maybe it's because all the other nameplates are tainted enough that
using them to go up against Lexus, BMW, etc. would be a battle lost from the
start.

Looks like we're might replace my wife's '96 Accord with an Acura TSX. We
still haven't given up on the small sport-ute idea, in which case it would
be an Escape, maybe the hybrid. Although, when we went to the Ford dealer
she started really liking the Freestyle. Maybe I could talk her into a used
Audi or BMW wagon? We'd buy an Accord hybrid, but you can't get one, and
they're going for 2 to 3K over sticker.

AJM
'93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp

2005 545i vs 2005 A6 4.2 Seth Brundle BMW 34 February 22nd 05 02:32 PM
2005 S4 Cab Flyboy Audi 0 November 23rd 04 07:35 PM
2005 MUSTANGS ARE UGLY BuD Ford Mustang 1 November 17th 04 01:46 PM
2005 Butt-Ugly Mustang GEB Ford Mustang 42 November 16th 04 03:21 AM
buying bmw 325 (2005 vs 2006) Ruwan BMW 2 September 19th 04 11:27 PM