Anyone play Forza on Live?

Old February 3rd 06, 03:46 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default Anyone play Forza on Live?

Anyone? Yes...No...?
Old February 3rd 06, 12:47 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Nope...
And I'll tell you why.

In order to have a chance at winning a race on Live! you have to have the
one car in each car class that is best suited to tweaking.
Furthermore, you have to have tuned and tweaked and purchased all the
specific add-on's for that car otherwise you're out to lunch!

In the "D" car class for instance it's the Honda CRX.

Now I don't know about you, but a late model, 1990's Honda CRX isn't exactly
my first choice of all the various cars available to want to race.
It's a common and ugly car. I'd much rather drive something more modern and
stylish, but if I do I won't stand a chance of winning on Live!

Forza is a great game OFFLINE, but they didn't include a means of being able
to force racers to run with the "stock" cars that are available in each
class when you host a "room" on Live!

Heck, even if they did what Project Gotham Racing 2 does, and allow the host
to let the players race any car in the class, as long as they are in "stock"
configuration that would have been better, but if you join a room on Live!
the racers in that room can have any car they wish, with whatever
modifications they like.

I for one don't have hours and hours and hours of free time to earn all the
money to buy all the appropriate cars and their necessary add-on's in order
to be competitive online.

That's my rant....Anyone else have any thoughts on Forza?

Old February 3rd 06, 03:28 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

CRX dominates until A class where Saleen takes over.

The only reason I play on Live is to drift, not to race.

The races are terribly biased as you have mentioned to the super twinked
cars.

And I would like to race stock, because thats about all I ever do anyways.

Forza's only forte is realism and someone beat the developers upside
their head when it came to interface and options as you probably have
noticed there are no replays when you race against a friend and the
cameras for replay are terrible..

You can always cheat and get the cars you want if you don't have the
time.

Old February 3rd 06, 11:55 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Cheat?
How? Action replay? Or is there some other trick?

Old February 4th 06, 08:55 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Cheat code for money, cheat code for car unlocks.

Old February 8th 06, 01:54 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

There is also that garage money glitch. Do you still play on Live Jay?