How do you get rid of the rattle in rFactor?

Old September 23rd 05, 12:38 AM
John Smith

Default How do you get rid of the rattle in rFactor?

I hate the rocks in the muffler rattle in rF. Is there an easy way to get
rid of this, it's in GTR also.. Also is there a way to get rid of the
shakiness, I know it's probably realistic, but it's also too much imo.

Old September 23rd 05, 01:10 AM
R Keating

I don't know how to get rid of it, but it would great to be able to have
in the "tin tops" and get rid of it in the open wheel cars. I am
guessing that would be more realistic. What do you think?

Old September 23rd 05, 01:31 AM
Steve Whitty

"R Keating" > wrote in message
>I don't know how to get rid of it, but it would great to be able to have in
>the "tin tops" and get rid of it in the open wheel cars. I am guessing
>that would be more realistic. What do you think?
>

> John Smith wrote:
>> I hate the rocks in the muffler rattle in rF. Is there an easy way to get
>> rid of this, it's in GTR also.. Also is there a way to get rid of the
>> shakiness, I know it's probably realistic, but it's also too much imo.

have a fiddle with these settings in your plr file

cheers

steve

Cockpit Vibration Mult1="1.00000" // Primary vibration multiplier affects
eyepoint position (base magnitude is in VEH or cockpit file)
Cockpit Vibration Freq1="31.00000" // Primary rate of vibration affects
eyepoint position (higher framerates allow higher rates)
Cockpit Vibration Mult2="1.00000" // Secondary vibration multiplier affects
eyepoint orientation (base magnitude is in VEH or cockpit file)
Cockpit Vibration Freq2="37.00000" // Secondary rate of vibration affects
eyepoint orientation

Old September 23rd 05, 02:04 AM
R Keating

Steve Whitty wrote:
> "R Keating" > wrote in message
>
>>I don't know how to get rid of it, but it would great to be able to have in
>>the "tin tops" and get rid of it in the open wheel cars. I am guessing
>>that would be more realistic. What do you think?
>>

>>John Smith wrote:
>>
>>>I hate the rocks in the muffler rattle in rF. Is there an easy way to get
>>>rid of this, it's in GTR also.. Also is there a way to get rid of the
>>>shakiness, I know it's probably realistic, but it's also too much imo.
>>>

> have a fiddle with these settings in your plr file
>
> cheers
>
> steve
>
> Cockpit Vibration Mult1="1.00000" // Primary vibration multiplier affects
> eyepoint position (base magnitude is in VEH or cockpit file)
> Cockpit Vibration Freq1="31.00000" // Primary rate of vibration affects
> eyepoint position (higher framerates allow higher rates)
> Cockpit Vibration Mult2="1.00000" // Secondary vibration multiplier affects
> eyepoint orientation (base magnitude is in VEH or cockpit file)
> Cockpit Vibration Freq2="37.00000" // Secondary rate of vibration affects
> eyepoint orientation

Steve,

I think the vibration is accurate in all cases. It was the sound of the
"stones" that I was thinking about.
Old September 23rd 05, 02:42 AM
DJRJR

"R Keating" > wrote in message
> Steve Whitty wrote:
>> "R Keating" > wrote in message
>>
>>>I don't know how to get rid of it, but it would great to be able to have
>>>in the "tin tops" and get rid of it in the open wheel cars. I am
>>>guessing that would be more realistic. What do you think?

>> have a fiddle with these settings in your plr file
>>
>> cheers
>>
>> steve
>>
>> Cockpit Vibration Mult1="1.00000" // Primary vibration multiplier affects
>> eyepoint position (base magnitude is in VEH or cockpit file)
>> Cockpit Vibration Freq1="31.00000" // Primary rate of vibration affects
>> eyepoint position (higher framerates allow higher rates)
>> Cockpit Vibration Mult2="1.00000" // Secondary vibration multiplier
>> affects eyepoint orientation (base magnitude is in VEH or cockpit file)
>> Cockpit Vibration Freq2="37.00000" // Secondary rate of vibration affects
>> eyepoint orientation

> Steve,
>
> I think the vibration is accurate in all cases. It was the sound of the
> "stones" that I was thinking about.

Thanks, I found "Head physics" under game data

Old September 23rd 05, 03:04 AM
Alan Bernardo

"John Smith" > wrote in message
>I hate the rocks in the muffler rattle in rF. Is there an easy way to get
> rid of this, it's in GTR also.. Also is there a way to get rid of the
> shakiness, I know it's probably realistic, but it's also too much imo.

The only thing I know is how to get rid of rFactor. In doing so you'd get
rid of the muffler rattle and the shakiness. Two birds with one stone, so
to speak.

Alanb

Old September 23rd 05, 04:00 AM
Mitch_A

I used sound recorder to lower the volume on the grass and curb sounds. Not
sure where the rattle is though.

Mitch

Old September 23rd 05, 08:09 AM
Sidney H Bridge

Very helpful! You ****.
Old September 23rd 05, 11:45 AM
Alan Bernardo

"Sidney H Bridge" > wrote in message
> Alan Bernardo wrote:
>> "John Smith" > wrote in message
>>
>>>I hate the rocks in the muffler rattle in rF. Is there an easy way to get
>>>rid of this, it's in GTR also.. Also is there a way to get rid of the
>>>shakiness, I know it's probably realistic, but it's also too much imo.
>>>

>> The only thing I know is how to get rid of rFactor. In doing so you'd
>> get rid of the muffler rattle and the shakiness. Two birds with one
>> stone, so to speak.
>>

>> Alanb

> Very helpful! You ****.

Too bad you missed the point. It was a joke, based on the absurdity of the
request.

Alanb

Old September 23rd 05, 04:45 PM
Sidney H Bridge

Alan Bernardo wrote:
> "Sidney H Bridge" > wrote in message
>
>>Alan Bernardo wrote:
>>
>>>"John Smith" > wrote in message
. ..

>>>The only thing I know is how to get rid of rFactor. In doing so you'd
>>>get rid of the muffler rattle and the shakiness. Two birds with one
>>>stone, so to speak.
>>>

>>>Alanb

>>Very helpful! You ****.

> Too bad you missed the point. It was a joke, based on the absurdity of the
> request.
>

> Alanb

Nothing absurd about that request. The road noise in rF could do with a
tweak. Also, I'd link to hear some wind noise.

Anyone who has watch in-cockpit footage will know what I mean. At very
high speed, the wind noise rivals that of the engine!

Rfactor will not run... Sting32 Simulators 28 September 8th 05 10:30 PM
rFactor review Tony Rickard Simulators 66 September 7th 05 06:22 PM
320ci - rattle from engine - EGR? Jimbo BMW 0 May 6th 05 12:25 PM
rFactor Multi ? Ed White Simulators 2 March 16th 05 07:39 PM
Clutch Fork release rattle Jérémie Bédard Ford Mustang 3 January 12th 05 12:57 AM