NSR - Let the issues begin :)

Old February 21st 05, 06:35 PM
Mitch_A

Larry wrote:

> It doesn't have to do with just visuals.
>
> Sounds are tied to the frame rate in NSR in some ways. Set your display
> so you have only 8fps (like I originally experienced), sit in the pits not
> moving, and try to accellerate. You'll see what I mean.
>
> Higher frame rates also tend to provide better controller input (at least
> in
> perception). You tend to get 'less behind' in your control.
>
> -Larry
>
> "Norman Black" > wrote in message
>>I think you are missing the point Mitch is making. At least the point I
>>think he is making. If the monitor refreshes the display at 60hz then that
>>is the maximum rate your eyes ever see. Does not matter if the game does
>>120hz. The monitor display only changes at its refresh rate. So at 120fps
>>and a refresh rate of 60hz, you eyes do not see half the frames the game
>>produces.
>>
>> Norman
>>
>> "Smokin_Bob" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>>> Actually, it's not impossible--I routinely see FPS in excess of 120
>>> during some sessions. With VSYNC off, you are not frame rate limited
>>> by the monitors refresh rate. I am running an AMD 3200XP with a 6800
>>> GT video card, and FPS that high are not impossible by a long shot.

Id almost rather be working today

I never said your PC isnt creating those high frame rates that you mention
its just you have no way of displaying all those frames on your monitor,
which is what Ive said all along since the OP.

Lets use an example. You have a strip of film 200 frames long but you can
only "DISPLAY" 60 of those frames out of the 200 frames youve created. How
do YOU select which frame is most accurate to display? With vsync off you
cannot pick and choose thus you get graphics anomalies and wildy
fluctuating FR and in a racing sim in particular it makes a quality
difference.

YMMV as everything Ive said is system dependent. I know your systems
abilities Larry and you should be running vsync on. Just a suggestion
based on common sense instead of internet BS.

Mitch
--
Remove "nospam." to reply.
SuSE 9.2 Pro KDE 3.3.2a
Old February 21st 05, 09:40 PM
fredrickson

> Id almost rather be working today
>
> I never said your PC isnt creating those high frame rates that you mention
> its just you have no way of displaying all those frames on your monitor,
> which is what Ive said all along since the OP.
>
> Lets use an example. You have a strip of film 200 frames long but you can
> only "DISPLAY" 60 of those frames out of the 200 frames youve created. How
> do YOU select which frame is most accurate to display? With vsync off you
> cannot pick and choose thus you get graphics anomalies and wildy
> fluctuating FR and in a racing sim in particular it makes a quality
> difference.
>
> YMMV as everything Ive said is system dependent. I know your systems
> abilities Larry and you should be running vsync on. Just a suggestion
> based on common sense instead of internet BS.
>

> Mitch

This guy just loves to pick fights with everyone. Must be trying to make
up for something. Anyway, since you espouse reading comprehension so
much, maybe you should read Larry's original post and see his point was
the difference between 2xAA and 4xAA. If he had vsync on he couldnt have
made his point, but that just seems to escape you.
Old February 21st 05, 10:08 PM
Mitch_A

fredrickson spewed his bull**** all over while he finger painted with it:

> This guy just loves to pick fights with everyone. Must be trying to make
> up for something. Anyway, since you espouse reading comprehension so
> much, maybe you should read Larry's original post and see his point was
> the difference between 2xAA and 4xAA. If he had vsync on he couldnt have
> made his point, but that just seems to escape you.

You I fight with Freddy, Larry I discuss with. If I didnt now Larry well I
wouldnt say anything at all but he knows our jousting is for fun and weve
never had any unresolved issues ever (except maybe that time at dega eh,
nevermind hehe).

You on the other hand Larry Bakesmith (Fredrickson) are a wrecker with zero
driving skills with a horrible network connection and mis-configured PC to
boot.

You made a direct threat regarding online races then carried out that threat
knowing you could get away with it because you could care less whether
RASCAR did anything because you dislike us as a group anyway.

You would do and say whatever you could to disparage all involved in RASCAR.

In many ways your sad sack ass has succeeded. Im not going to give you the
pleasure of the details or the how and the whys though, dickhead!...

Buh-Bye Freddy, into my new Killfile with that razor dude.

Mitch
--
Remove "nospam." to reply.
SuSE 9.2 Pro KDE 3.3.2a
Old February 22nd 05, 05:06 AM
Norman Black

If your game is running at a rate higher than the monitor refresh rate you
will get tearing. This means that monitor is displaying part of two
different frames in the same refresh cycle of the display. If your refresh
rate is 60 and your frame rate is > 120 then the display show parts of three
frames during the same display update. And so on.

Real world example. I was playing Msyt IV and the opening video cut sequence
had big time tearing is some places. I thought this was weird since I have a
whomping system. It turned out that vsync was forced off. The cut sequence
vide might have had a slow frame rate and thus making it easier to see the
tearing. You only saw the tearing when the pan rate of the video was high. I
changed the option to application preference and the game enabled vsync and
no tearing in that sequence was seen.

vsync maximizes display quality since you can never have any tearing from
one generated frame to another. When your frame rate is quite low relative
to the refresh rate then it is possible for vsync to reduce frame rate
because of the wait for the next sync cycle. The amount of wait is
indeterminate so you just cannot say for sure what will happen in this
circumstance.

Norman

ups.com...

Old March 9th 05, 08:27 PM
Smokin_Bob

Hey Expert--

What color is the MOMO Force wheel? What color is the MOMO Racing
wheel? Given away more than I have ever owned? How can I **** it
up?--maybe I am color blind and mixed them up that way--but you are
full of ****--You have not given away more wheels than I ever will own,
for one thing. If you truly knew anything about it, You would
immediately know what the FREX is all about. Know it alls such as
yourself already know everything so imagine my surprise when you didnt
know this.

Wow, youre really hardcore. 4-5 wheels over the years. I have four I am
not using right now. I can't count the number of wheels I have owned,
but I am sure whatever the number is, it's one less than yours.

The MOMO RED WHEEL or the FORCE as it is known, is much better than the
MOMO RACING BLACK WHEEL. THAT IS WHAT I MEANT--I HAVE THE RED WHEEL. I
had the RACING WHEEL, YOU KNOW-THE BLACK ONE, and it was no where near
the FFB of the RED FORCE one--so I disagree with you there. Always has
been and always will be--take that black one apart and tell me it's
'better'. Its the same cheap **** electronics as the next wheel. And
if you are not getting any feedback in NSR with your RED MOMO, then I
guess you don't know how to set it up, huh??

Do some research on the FREX and you might actually learn how to make
these things better.

Mitch_A wrote:

> Dude seriously back to the reading comprehension class with ya. How

can you
> possibly **** up what I said so badly from one thread to the next??.

> never said anything about the Force having better effects, go check

again.
> I also said the Force has better construction, which it DOES amd Im

not
> going to give you a free class on it unless youre willing to meet my

pay
> rate...
>
> Ive owned 4-5 of both over the years and currently own 2 Forces and

one
> Racing.
>
> I bet Ive given away more of these wheels than youve ever owned...

And wth
> is the $500 addon business all aboout?
>
> This actually what I said.
>
> "Remember the Momo Racing is NOT a Momo

Force. The Momo Racing has always

Old March 9th 05, 09:43 PM
Mitch_A

Smokin_Bob wrote:

> Hey Expert--
>
> What color is the MOMO Force wheel? What color is the MOMO Racing
> wheel? Given away more than I have ever owned? How can I **** it
> up?--maybe I am color blind and mixed them up that way--but you are
> full of ****--You have not given away more wheels than I ever will own,
> for one thing. If you truly knew anything about it, You would
> immediately know what the FREX is all about. Know it alls such as
> yourself already know everything so imagine my surprise when you didnt
> know this.
>
> Wow, youre really hardcore. 4-5 wheels over the years. I have four I am
> not using right now. I can't count the number of wheels I have owned,
> but I am sure whatever the number is, it's one less than yours.
>
> The MOMO RED WHEEL or the FORCE as it is known, is much better than the
> MOMO RACING BLACK WHEEL. THAT IS WHAT I MEANT--I HAVE THE RED WHEEL. I
> had the RACING WHEEL, YOU KNOW-THE BLACK ONE, and it was no where near
> the FFB of the RED FORCE one--so I disagree with you there. Always has
> been and always will be--take that black one apart and tell me it's
> 'better'. Its the same cheap **** electronics as the next wheel. And
> if you are not getting any feedback in NSR with your RED MOMO, then I
> guess you don't know how to set it up, huh??
>
> Do some research on the FREX and you might actually learn how to make
> these things better.
>

> Mitch_A wrote:
>
>> Dude seriously back to the reading comprehension class with ya. How

> can you
>> possibly **** up what I said so badly from one thread to the next??.

>> never said anything about the Force having better effects, go check

> again.
>> I also said the Force has better construction, which it DOES amd Im

> not
>> going to give you a free class on it unless youre willing to meet my

> pay
>> rate...
>>
>> Ive owned 4-5 of both over the years and currently own 2 Forces and

> one
>> Racing.
>>
>> I bet Ive given away more of these wheels than youve ever owned...

> And wth
>> is the $500 addon business all aboout?
>>
>> This actually what I said.
>>
>> "Remember the Momo Racing is NOT a Momo

> Force. The Momo Racing has always
>> had better FF effects, or a stonger motor "
>>

>> Mitch
>> --
>> Remove "nospam." to reply.
>> SuSE 9.2 Pro KDE 3.3.2a

To quote you Bob, "THAT IS WHAT I MEANT". Because you were obviously too
dumb to comprehend what I **ACTUALLY** said so you hid the correction about
as well as the NYT or LA Times hid RatherGATE...

Bob, either:

A. Learn to ****ing comprehend what you attempt to read or...
B. Lay off the ****ing pot you stoner...

Till then stfu as you only make yourself look more stupid as you continue
this thread needlessly...

I get plenty of effects with NSR. This was what, within the 24hrs of
release I had an issue and youre somehow trying to use this as an example
of something??

PS I know what a Frex wheel is I just dont know how that became any part of
this thread. This was your doing not mine. BTW I use ECCI 6000 Pedals
which blow away the frex pedals. Another correction is that Ive owned a
total of 6 Momo Wheels and currently own 3. This isnt to say Ive owned
about 15 other wheels since the original Thrustmaster Formuala T1 (blue
anodized version) in 93'. GAWD.....

Dont even bother with a reply. Im tired of having to explain the SAME
****ING THING 9 GADDAMN TIMES...

Mitch
--
Remove "nospam." to reply.
SuSE 9.2 Pro KDE 3.3.2a
Old March 9th 05, 11:21 PM
fredrickson

> Dont even bother with a reply. Im tired of having to explain the SAME
> ****ING THING 9 GADDAMN TIMES...
>
> Mitch

Maybe if you learned to write correctly people wouldnt have such a hard
time understanding you
Old March 10th 05, 10:54 PM
Tim Paullin

He gave one to me. So stfu! Sheesh.....