NR2003 Frame Rates with system upgrade

Old February 3rd 06, 11:31 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default NR2003 Frame Rates with system upgrade

How much for that 6800? I might be interested...

Old February 4th 06, 01:22 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

I think I should mention guys, the frame rates I listed were worse case

-Larry

ups.com...

Old February 4th 06, 03:14 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

I paid $300 - I was looking for $250 from my friend, and I was going to
include building + tweaking his system as well. I couldn't go for less
than that really and justify getting an X1900.
In all honesty, though, nVidia just annouced the 7800GS AGP, which will
probably be the fastest (and lastest) AGP top end card. It'll probably
go for something over $300. Couldn't sell mine without mentioning that
option as well.

Kendt

Old February 4th 06, 06:36 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Just read some benches on the 7800GS:
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2686

Surprising - It was stomped by an ATIX850 in most benches. Looks like
this isn't just a 7800GT with an AGP bus.

Old February 6th 06, 05:36 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

you guys ever notice the reviews anymore, seem to be worthless? compare the
7800 gs to the PCI gt? So they proving that pci is better? wtf, im trying
to decide if the agp solution is better than what I have or what else is
available, sheesh.

yeah, I see and agree they needed to sho the pci e equivalent, but it should
have but then should have included more of the available AGP solutions, that
way I could decide where my 4600 or 6600 or 6800 or what not chices fall
compared to the 7800gs...

right now I am seeing that AGP just sucks on bang per buck, pretty much.
might was well spend the dough on new system, but that is just me I guess.
enlightened us with:

Old February 7th 06, 01:41 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

AGP has taken the biggest flush down the toilet that I've ever seen with a
technology.

One minute, we're seeing rants and raves about AGP GeForce 6800 Ultra's and
then, suddenly, silence... Nothing...

-Larry

Old February 7th 06, 01:47 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Try looking at this article, as it may have what you're looking for. They do
their comparo's to a bunch of older stuff, so you can get a pretty decent
feel as to how your aging agp card stacks up to the newest whiz bang
release. It looks like I could get a HUGE increase in performance just by
upgrading my 9800 Pro, and not have to upgrade the whole shebang until at
least next year.

Anyway, here's the linkage:
http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/...rclock_review/

--
See ya in the pits,
Dean

I have a terrible memory. In fact my memory's so bad I can't remember how
long it's been since I've forgotten anything.

"PlowBoy" > wrote in message
> you guys ever notice the reviews anymore, seem to be worthless? compare
> the 7800 gs to the PCI gt? So they proving that pci is better? wtf, im
> trying to decide if the agp solution is better than what I have or what
> else is available, sheesh.
>
> yeah, I see and agree they needed to sho the pci e equivalent, but it
> should have but then should have included more of the available AGP
> solutions, that way I could decide where my 4600 or 6600 or 6800 or what
> not chices fall compared to the 7800gs...
>
> right now I am seeing that AGP just sucks on bang per buck, pretty much.
> might was well spend the dough on new system, but that is just me I guess.
> enlightened us with:
>> Just read some benches on the 7800GS:

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2686

>> Surprising - It was stomped by an ATIX850 in most benches. Looks like
>> this isn't just a 7800GT with an AGP bus.

Flush Radiator - Opinions Richard Saturn 7 April 4th 05 04:59 PM
2002 L300 Wagon 37000 miles Ed Saturn 9 January 6th 05 01:16 PM
C5 problems (98 in particular) radar Corvette 12 January 3rd 05 10:04 PM
'66 Steering Upgrade .boB Ford Mustang 1 December 21st 04 06:25 PM
'01 Stratus heater issues [email protected] Chrysler 10 December 17th 04 12:14 AM