Anco wiper blades called a CR best buy

Old October 29th 08, 02:01 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
larry moe 'n curly

Default Anco wiper blades called a CR best buy

VideoVic46 wrote:

> > My Tripledge silicone rubber wipers are 15 years old and are as good
> > as new, meaning they don't wipe very well. But that's OK because I
> > live in sunny Phoenix

> Odd that even silicone blades will hold up 15 years in the PHX sun. Your
> vehicle must not sit outside like mine here in Tejas, and you certainly
> don't use them as much as our 40+ inches of rain requires.
>
> I was happy to keep my OEM silicone blades in place for 5 years until I
> noticed the micro-abrasions in the windshield being caused by accumulated
> particles embedded in the old blades. So, now I replace the blades every 18
> months, and hope something breaks the windshield to justify getting a new
> one without the micro streaks, which are obtrusive driving at night.

TheI park outside almost all the time, but Phoenix gets only about 6"
of rain a year.

Old October 29th 08, 02:37 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

Nate Nagel > wrote:

>hey JT, have you found an acceptable replacement for the 12" blades on
>the earlier cars? Besides the expen$ive Corvette repro rubber that is.

Nate, I just want to thank you for your recommendation of the PIAA blades.
They do, in fact, fit nicely on the BMW even though the PIAA book says
they don't make one for that year and model. I am amazed at how much more
effective they are than the Bosch and Anco blades, especially when it first
begins to rain.
--scott
Old October 29th 08, 04:36 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
Bruce L. Bergman[_3_]

On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 20:17:01 -0400, Nate Nagel >
wrote:

>hey JT, have you found an acceptable replacement for the 12" blades on
>the earlier cars? Besides the expen$ive Corvette repro rubber that is.

There's an inexpensive solution you can use as long as the arms are
in good shape and you only need the insert. I do this all the time on
wagons and hatches with rear wipers that take a 9" or 10" or 12"
refill - my LandCruiser still has the factory wiper refill. (Well,
part of it.)

Take off your wiper and go in the store, find a cheap regular refill
where the rubber has the right profile and holder width. Then buy the
15" refill pair, take it apart, cut the rubber down to the 10" or 12"
you need, and slide it into the old holder.

If you carefully flex and pop the old insert out in the middle and
slide the ends toward the middle to get them loose, and install the
new rubber the same way, you won't mess up the old metal holder ring.

And if you have several cars and need three or four 8" refills, see
if you can get one package of 17" or 18" blades and do both with one.

"Don't raise the drawbridge, Lower the river!"

--<< Bruce >>--

Anco wiper blades called a CR best buy [email protected] Technology 108 October 29th 08 04:36 AM
Wiper Blades Scott Dorsey Technology 2 August 11th 08 09:16 PM
Wiper blades Terry Driving 12 October 10th 06 12:09 AM
73 wiper blades? LeRoy Prosic VW air cooled 1 April 19th 06 01:36 PM
Wiper Blades Gary Mazda 16 January 14th 05 11:48 PM