2004 Accord Incentives

Old October 31st 04, 12:26 AM
Humble One

Default 2004 Accord Incentives

Hello everyone,

I searched past newsgroup posts and couldn't find anything about this topic.

Currently, the dealers get a $1000 incentive from the factory on the
2004 Accord models.

Apparently this is supposed to end in October...

Will the incentive be increased in November to move out any remaining
models? Or will the dealerships have to absorb the cost? I can't imagine
that they will raise the price on all of their 2004 models by $1000.

Will the incentive be reinstated in November?

Any ideas how this works?

Thanks!

The Humble One
Old October 31st 04, 12:56 AM
Steven L Umbach

I would suggest you take advantage of the current incentives if not too
late. I just got a very good deal on a 2004 EX V6 sedan. I originally was
going to buy a LX V6 but just loved the EX V6. I was lucky to find one in
the color I wanted. The other local dealers I checked with are all out of
2004's in west suburban Chicago. I keep my cars for a while so it does not
matter to me that it is not a 2005 as there are very little changes in this
current generation. I found it easiest to email the local dealers as most if
not all will give internet quotes that I found very good pricing and will
let you know what is available. Good luck. --- Steve

. ..

Old October 31st 04, 04:57 PM
Humble One

Steven L Umbach wrote:
> I would suggest you take advantage of the current incentives if not too
> late. I just got a very good deal on a 2004 EX V6 sedan. I originally was
> going to buy a LX V6 but just loved the EX V6. I was lucky to find one in
> the color I wanted. The other local dealers I checked with are all out of
> 2004's in west suburban Chicago.

Well, that's my problem. As far as I know, the incentive is over at the
end of the month. So, I may not be able to take advantage of it.

My question is: Does anyone know if the incentive will continue (or be
increased) through November?

In any case, thanks for the informative post and congrats on your EX
V6... what kind of deal did you get? More than a grand below invoice?

Thanks!

The Humble One

Old October 31st 04, 05:58 PM
Steven L Umbach

I got it at $1000 below invoice and was very happy for that as it is a
dealer within twelve miles from home. I am sure I could have gotten a bit
less if I tried every dealer within a two hundred mile radius but I
consider my time valuable and like to have the purchasing dealer nearby.

Just go to the websites of nearby dealers and ask for a quick quote on the
2004 model you are interested in. Just make sure you are very specific on
what you are looking for and call before taking the drive to make sure that
the car you want is available at the price they quoted and not with any
dealer addons. When you go to buy, tell them you only plan to keep for three
years so they don't pester you for finish/rust protection and particularly
extended warranty. The finance guy did a real hard sell to me on the
extended warranty and gave a blank faced look when I said NO like he did not
believe me. After two no's he even asked me why and I said that it simply is
not worth it to me. They try to add it to the payment to make it look
miniscule but I figured right in front of him that $30 for 48 months was
approx $1500 without even being a math major. You ALWAYS can buy an extended
warranty at a later time, and I found for my car I can get an extended
warranty for around $600 from Warranty Direct [free online quotes] and I can
wait until the car is about to go out of warranty so as not to give them the
money now just in case they go out of business, though they have been around
for 25 years.

http://www.warrantydirect.com/index.asp -- look at Security+ or Major Care

I found that Edmunds will list any incentives currently available for a
model for buyer or dealer. Do a search for the TVM price and it will show a
beige box right under total with options that says incentives IF any are
available and then click available to see details. The links below may help.
Good luck. --- Steve

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2004/hond...tmv.1.1.Honda*
http://www.edmunds.com/incentives/Re...centives.1.1.*

Old October 31st 04, 06:14 PM
JM

> Any ideas how this works?
>
> Thanks!
>
> The Humble One

What happens is that the dealer will be out of 2004's by the end of
the "dealer incentive period". They'll just be gone, and you will
have passed up a good deal if you want a 2004. Don't play
wait-and-see, it won't work as well as it would at G.M., Chrysler,
etc.

JM