98 Civic Speedo replacement

Old November 2nd 04, 04:39 PM
disallow

Default 98 Civic Speedo replacement

Hi people,

I have a 98 Civic LX, and up here in canada that means its a
bare nuts vehicle, not even a tach! I've seen a whackload
of these clusters on ebay, I assume that most people
replace with JDMs or something.

So I want a tach, but I have a few questions about that:

1. Does the new cluster just drop in and work? or will I
have to run a wire for the tach?

2. All the clusters on ebay are in US measurements (ie
MPH), and I need KM/H and Kms for the odometer. The
question here is, can I just swap my current speedo gauge
into the new cluster (thus also avoiding any funny
business with swapping Odometers)? The scale is the same
on the gauge. The only concern I have is that the
odometer is going to be reading wrong. Are my suspicions
correct?

Thanks for any replies.

C5 problems (98 in particular) radar Corvette 12 January 3rd 05 11:04 PM
Honda Civic Overperformance Me Honda 0 October 11th 04 02:25 PM
Questions about DIY Driveshaft Removal/Installation '91 Civic Chopface Honda 12 September 26th 04 11:38 PM