A Cars forum. AutoBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AutoBanter forum » Auto makers » VW air cooled
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

I miss this place

Old January 16th 18, 05:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Bill Berckman
external usenet poster

Default I miss this place

I am still around, but now VWs at the moment. Not aircooled, but have owned a 07 Honda Element for the last 8 years. I have gotten back into bicycling and camping and the use the Element as a camper and bike hauler. Do miss the glory days of Ramva around the time of Y2K. It was a great group of ACVW enthusiast at the time and may never be repeated or replicated on the web based forums. Anyone remember the New Years Eve 24 hour VW chat. I think that Jan Andersson acutally stayed active in the chat room for all 24 hours one year.

On Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 9:49:38 AM UTC-4, Tricky wrote:
> I don't know how I just arrived here ? .. anyway , very surprised to see anyone still posting ! Most of my cars ar still VW .. incl the 924's ! lol
> and , yep , I miss this place too !

Ads
Old February 23rd 18, 01:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
kaferdave
external usenet poster

On Monday, January 15, 2018 at 8:23:14 PM UTC-8, Bill Berckman wrote:
> I am still around, but now VWs at the moment. Not aircooled, but have owned a 07 Honda Element for the last 8 years. I have gotten back into bicycling and camping and the use the Element as a camper and bike hauler. Do miss the glory days of Ramva around the time of Y2K. It was a great group of ACVW enthusiast at the time and may never be repeated or replicated on the web based forums. Anyone remember the New Years Eve 24 hour VW chat. I think that Jan Andersson acutally stayed active in the chat room for all 24 hours one year.
>
> On Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 9:49:38 AM UTC-4, Tricky wrote:
> > I don't know how I just arrived here ? .. anyway , very surprised to see anyone still posting ! Most of my cars ar still VW .. incl the 924's ! lol
> > and , yep , I miss this place too !

Hi, Bill !! Remember the ride we took in Sharon Woods, wityh that RUF-Equipped 998 Porsche?
Old April 16th 20, 06:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jroza1
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, April 23, 2013 at 6:25:30 PM UTC-7, VWGirl wrote:
> The people, the knowledge, the bickering, all of it. There will never again be the RAMVA that once was. Just want to all to know that I love and miss you all <3

I remember this group close to 20 years ago... I sold a few cars here to ANT and caused a little mayhem myself. I find that some of these old groups still have people getting messages. I am trying to track down ANT the Menace - I sold him 2 cars and 1 I would like to see if I can find... It's. a chopped 64 convertible with a removable hard/soft top.

If anyone knows of Ant's whereabouts or the 64' I would love to know...

Josh
Old May 2nd 20, 04:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Kirk[_3_]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, April 23, 2013 at 6:25:30 PM UTC-7, VWGirl wrote:
> The people, the knowledge, the bickering, all of it. There will never again be the RAMVA that once was. Just want to all to know that I love and miss you all <3

There isn't much going on anymore. I have gone from a '63 daily driver to having a '64 garage queen. A quick weekend swap of a turnkey rebuild of the original motor has turned into a month and a half of (oh, that tin is missing, the generator has rotting wire insulation, wait - the heat risers are perforated, is that transmission oil leading, Where are the studs for the engine to transmission mounting, etc.
Funny too how what was easy 30 years ago is a lot harder to manage now (without assistance).
KW
-----------------
'64 Beetle - the Blue Wave
Old July 4th 20, 01:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Randomly remembered this group while talking about the old days.

I don't even remember what my user name was. I remember being here for hours and hours each day though!