Buying a used Audi..UK

Old May 24th 04, 12:11 PM
Tigerheart

Default Buying a used Audi..UK

I am looking to buy a car,and Audi is on my want list ,budget is only £3000
max. I have seen a few on the net for sale,most seem to be 94-95 (year).Are
Audis of this sort of age OK?Reliability wise?Are there certain models that
I should avoid?What about mileage?Is an above average mileage OK?Any
particular things to look out for?
I dont do a lot of mileage in a car(ride a motrobike),probably no more than
2-3K a year.

Thanks

Old May 24th 04, 01:16 PM
Steve

Go for a private seller, Audi 80 quattro with FSH '91 on. High miles are ok
if well maintained and cambelts changed on-time etc. Get one with air-con
and you'll have a superb little car. Avants are a wee bit more dosh as they
are more useful, also a better buy. 2.6 V6 go on and on (again - regular
servicing is key) should be good for 200K miles plus!
Look he

www.exchangeandmart.co.uk

Good Luck.

.. .

Old May 24th 04, 03:33 PM
Ronny

"Steve" > wrote in message
> Go for a private seller, Audi 80 quattro with FSH '91 on. High miles are

ok
> if well maintained and cambelts changed on-time etc. Get one with air-con
> and you'll have a superb little car. Avants are a wee bit more dosh as

they
> are more useful, also a better buy. 2.6 V6 go on and on (again - regular
> servicing is key) should be good for 200K miles plus!
> Look he
>
> www.exchangeandmart.co.uk
>
> Good Luck.
>

> "Tigerheart" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > I am looking to buy a car,and Audi is on my want list ,budget is only

> £3000
> > max. I have seen a few on the net for sale,most seem to be 94-95

> (year).Are
> > Audis of this sort of age OK?Reliability wise?Are there certain models

> that
> > I should avoid?What about mileage?Is an above average mileage OK?Any
> > particular things to look out for?
> > I dont do a lot of mileage in a car(ride a motrobike),probably no more

> than
> > 2-3K a year.
> >
> > Thanks

why go for an 80 when you can get an A4 for that price, you can even pick up
high mile A6's for around 3k,

This looks a great buy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...98882 50&rd=1

1.8T for that price

Dont bother with a 80 there a bit dated now when you can get an A4

Ron

Old May 26th 04, 07:21 PM
Nige

"Tigerheart" > wrote in message
.. .
> I am looking to buy a car,and Audi is on my want list ,budget is only

£3000
> max. I have seen a few on the net for sale,most seem to be 94-95

(year).Are
> Audis of this sort of age OK?Reliability wise?Are there certain models

that
> I should avoid?What about mileage?Is an above average mileage OK?Any
> particular things to look out for?
> I dont do a lot of mileage in a car(ride a motrobike),probably no more

than
> 2-3K a year.
>
> Thanks

Buy a landrover or range rover, great machines & for the miles you do it
will be ace off roading as a new hobby. I just bought a mint Trooper &
wouldn't swap it for my wife's A4 cabriolet!

NIge

Old May 27th 04, 01:55 AM
Steve68s

It all depends what you want, 80s are probablty the best for the price, a
£3000 A4 will probably cost you more to maintain, you will be lucky to get a
good one for £3000, you will probably get a good audi 80 2.0 E for around
£1000 to £1500, 1992 to 1993, the build quality is far superior to that of
the A4, the late 80s look the best, & are easy for you to maintain yourself,
no service lights to turn off, & a stronger body shell, if you go for a A4
be prapared to spend money on the front suspension as they suffer from
suspension arm problems, there are 4 on eack side & these give problems,
rear brake calipers are also a problem on older high milage cars,

Steve.

Old May 27th 04, 11:29 AM
Jesper Giovanni

In ,
Steve68s > typed:

<snip>

>if you go for a A4 be prapared to
> spend money on the front suspension as they suffer from suspension
> arm problems, there are 4 on eack side & these give problems

I guess thats why my A4 ´97 goes "KLONK" each time i hit a bump in the
road!?
It makes the car a bit more "lively"...but otherwise it drives & steers
fine. But the NOISE is unbearable.

--
Gio

78 Audi 5000 Cruise Control Warning Light Problem TurboBanana Audi 2 May 25th 04 03:40 PM
audi information cd free Audi 0 May 22nd 04 12:35 AM
WTB: Old VW / Audi radio Fred Mau Audi 2 May 20th 04 01:11 AM
Hate, Envy and Angst: The Accord Owner belches about Audi A4: suspension damage after only 35K Saintor Audi 2 May 17th 04 06:09 PM
Used 156 buying Advice Please ? Steve Haigh Alfa Romeo 0 April 28th 04 09:12 PM