5.0l ho revisited

Old August 15th 06, 07:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
peter

Default 5.0l ho revisited

hi,
this is what i have come up with:

the 5.0l ho was in
- 91 - 95 mustangs, t-birds, cougars and mk vii's
- it has the firing order of the 5.8l i. e. 13726548
- the car would have a vin digit of either e of t
- the engine id code would be f1se

i believe all the motors to be the same regardless of the car.

anyone confirm/refute this?

tia,
peter
Old August 15th 06, 08:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jim Lanson[_1_]

"peter" > wrote in message
m...
> hi,
> this is what i have come up with:
>
> the 5.0l ho was in
> - 91 - 95 mustangs, t-birds, cougars and mk vii's
> - it has the firing order of the 5.8l i. e. 13726548
> - the car would have a vin digit of either e of t
> - the engine id code would be f1se
>
> i believe all the motors to be the same regardless of the car.
>
> anyone confirm/refute this?
>
> tia,
> peter

think it ended with the 93 mustang, 87 to 93 basically

Old August 15th 06, 09:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Nicholas Anthony

"Jim Lanson" > wrote in message
reenews.net...

> "peter" > wrote in message
> m...
>> hi,
>> this is what i have come up with:
>>
>> the 5.0l ho was in
>> - 91 - 95 mustangs, t-birds, cougars and mk vii's
>> - it has the firing order of the 5.8l i. e. 13726548
>> - the car would have a vin digit of either e of t
>> - the engine id code would be f1se
>>
>> i believe all the motors to be the same regardless of the car.
>>
>> anyone confirm/refute this?
>>
>> tia,
>> peter

> think it ended with the 93 mustang, 87 to 93 basically

'94-95 Mustangs had the same 5.0L that the previous '87-93 had. There were
many minor changes during this period. One of the changes during the
different bodystyles was on the intake to accomodate the hood clearance.

Old August 15th 06, 10:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jim Lanson[_1_]

"Nicholas Anthony" > wrote in message

> "Jim Lanson" > wrote in message
> reenews.net...
>>
>> "peter" > wrote in message
>> m...
>>> hi,
>>> this is what i have come up with:
>>>
>>> the 5.0l ho was in
>>> - 91 - 95 mustangs, t-birds, cougars and mk vii's
>>> - it has the firing order of the 5.8l i. e. 13726548
>>> - the car would have a vin digit of either e of t
>>> - the engine id code would be f1se
>>>
>>> i believe all the motors to be the same regardless of the car.
>>>
>>> anyone confirm/refute this?
>>>
>>> tia,
>>> peter

>> think it ended with the 93 mustang, 87 to 93 basically

> '94-95 Mustangs had the same 5.0L that the previous '87-93 had. There were
> many minor changes during this period. One of the changes during the
> different bodystyles was on the intake to accomodate the hood clearance.

I thought they switched over to the modular motor for the 94 on (?)
I did not like the change (93 to 94) as the interior room was too small from
the Fox body.

Old August 16th 06, 01:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[SS]

Jim Lanson wrote:
> "peter" > wrote in message
> m...
>> hi,
>> this is what i have come up with:
>>
>> the 5.0l ho was in
>> - 91 - 95 mustangs, t-birds, cougars and mk vii's
>> - it has the firing order of the 5.8l i. e. 13726548
>> - the car would have a vin digit of either e of t
>> - the engine id code would be f1se
>>
>> i believe all the motors to be the same regardless of the car.
>>
>> anyone confirm/refute this?
>>
>> tia,
>> peter

> think it ended with the 93 mustang, 87 to 93 basically

94-95 were HO 302s. 4.6 started in 96 on the Mustang, earlier on the
Thunderbird.

--

I used to have abs. Now, I've just got ab.
One big ol' Ab. - BigSkiff www.titanspot.com

Pyongyang sounds more like the sound effect an ACME catapult makes
as it goes off at precisely the wrong moment for Wile E. Coyote. -
Cadbury Moose
Old August 20th 06, 04:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

peter wrote:
> hi,
> this is what i have come up with:
>
> the 5.0l ho was in
> - 91 - 95 mustangs, t-birds, cougars and mk vii's
> - it has the firing order of the 5.8l i. e. 13726548
> - the car would have a vin digit of either e of t
> - the engine id code would be f1se
>
> i believe all the motors to be the same regardless of the car.
>
> anyone confirm/refute this?
>
> tia,
> peter

I thought HOs started earlier like 85, (although carbed) with the HR
cam and 351 FO.
I also believe they are basically the same other than accessory
mounting and intake ducting, exhaust headers, etc.

diferents in 5.0l motors peter Ford Mustang 19 July 30th 06 11:21 PM
Overheating 1999 Mercury Mountaineer (Ford Explorer) 5.0L V8 Imran Ford Explorer 4 May 25th 06 03:24 AM
ignition condenser - revisited jim beam Honda 40 November 5th 05 04:33 PM
5.0L CAMMER bigblack Ford Mustang 11 April 8th 05 06:35 AM
5.0L Flywheel Positioning Ironradio Ford Mustang 4 December 5th 04 12:19 AM