2006 accord ex questions

Old August 9th 06, 02:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
mrmatrix

Default 2006 accord ex questions

OK, I am going to most likely going to purchase a 2006 Honda Accord EX
4 cyl 5spd automatic w/out leather and w/out navigation.

I have some questions, do the hondas still come with the carpeted floor
mats like they used to?

Honda's use 5w-20 oil right? What is the best brand of 5w-20 to use?
I have always used castrol when I use dino oil.

Where is a good place to purchase genuine honda accessories on the web
w/good prices and service?

If I understand correctly, I can not install the add on outside
temperature sensor with the add-on factory foglights. Any way around
this?

Old August 10th 06, 02:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
ACAR

mrmatrix wrote:
> OK, I am going to most likely going to purchase a 2006 Honda Accord EX
> 4 cyl 5spd automatic w/out leather and w/out navigation.

I've got one of those from 2004. Also have a '99. (Actually my
daughters' cars.) Like night and day. New Accord is SO much more
comfortable (if you fit the rather firm seat).

I suggest you consider replacment tires sooner rather than later. Those
Michelins Energy-series tires were chosen to maximize mpg not wet
traction. Check www.tirerack.com for some replacement ideas.

www.edmunds.com shows the carpeted floor mats as standard

> Honda's use 5w-20 oil right? What is the best brand of 5w-20 to use?
> I have always used castrol when I use dino oil.

Any 5W-20 meeting Honda's API spec. will do. Mobil 1 synthetic is
available in 5W-20 if you prefer using synthetic. I continue to use
Mobil 1 5W-30 in all my cars. Castrol GTX, Syntec and Syntec Blend are
all available in 5W-20 so you can stick with Castrol if you like. LOTS
of 5W-20 choices on retail shelves.

After considering Honda's new "tea-cup" sized oil filter I now use
PurOne (but recently bought a Denso oil filter that looks fine and is
the same size as the PurOne.)

> Where is a good place to purchase genuine honda accessories on the web
> w/good prices and service?

I've used any number of places including Manchester Honda (ships fast
to my East Coast location).

> If I understand correctly, I can not install the add on outside
> temperature sensor with the add-on factory foglights. Any way around
> this?

I've got no input re. fog lights as I consider them fashion
accessories. (How slow do you have to drive so you don't outrun fog
light illumination?)
Outside temp sensors can be had from any number of sources.

OEM Honda parts catalogs for sale Joe Honda 0 April 2nd 06 08:58 PM
OEM Honda parts catalogs for sale Joe Honda 0 March 26th 06 12:59 AM
Pricing question on 2006 Accord Sedan 6 speed [email protected] Honda 8 October 6th 05 05:45 PM
honda accord questions Dr Nick Honda 14 September 14th 05 10:53 PM
2006 Jetta VS Honda Accord cnuheymikey VW water cooled 13 September 12th 05 01:09 PM