ATI Problems with GPL Possible Solved?

Old May 18th 09, 03:37 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default ATI Problems with GPL Possible Solved?

Some good news from Stu Boyle of GPLLinks.org:

http://gplmz.bcsims.com/index.php?showtopic=4102

The ATI cards going into this 'power saving' state has caused many a
user of newer ATI cards to leave GPL, and kept many from starting it
to begin with. I'm glad to hear that ATI has finally addressed this
problem.

Long live GPL!

David Fletcher
GPLPS
Old May 19th 09, 12:05 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
APLer

wrote in
:

> Some good news from Stu Boyle of GPLLinks.org:

http://gplmz.bcsims.com/index.php?showtopic=4102

> The ATI cards going into this 'power saving' state has caused many a
> user of newer ATI cards to leave GPL, and kept many from starting it
> to begin with. I'm glad to hear that ATI has finally addressed this
> problem.

Pretty strange thing for a video card to do on it's own. Must be due to
all the consumer computers out there with marginal power supplies.

Old May 19th 09, 08:37 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jeffareid

> The ATI cards going into this 'power saving' state has caused many a
> user of newer ATI cards to leave GPL, and kept many from starting it
> to begin with. I'm glad to hear that ATI has finally addressed this
> problem.

I never had this problem, at least now with the D3D driver that's
included with the GPL Demo, or the rastd3d7.dll that supports 1280x960
instead of 1280x1024. The newer LCD monitors runing at 1900x1200
resolution are probably adding to the problem.

You just had to mention GPL, which prompted me to go back and do a run
at Kyalami in the Lotus, a bit challenging since it's been over a year
and I've been messing with NFS Underground 2 lately. After the initial
first spin was over, it only took about half a dozen laps before I was
running low 1:22's again. It seemed like GPL plays like this:

http://jeffareid.net/nfs8/n8dlhrx8.wmv

My slugish Vanagon problems, solved! george taylor VW water cooled 0 April 5th 09 02:04 AM
Flickering solved! HyperCube33 Saturn 0 October 10th 06 09:31 PM
Solved "hesitation" bug '59 VW air cooled 5 September 21st 05 12:17 PM
Tyres Changed - Noise Problems Solved! Neil G Alfa Romeo 1 September 24th 04 08:58 AM
Solved my own problem... Blah Blah Saturn 1 September 11th 04 01:21 AM