NASTY Lil' Cobra Being Twin Screwed

Old October 24th 07, 01:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_27_]

Default NASTY Lil' Cobra Being Twin Screwed

Michael Johnson > wrote in
:

> Joe wrote:
>> Michael Johnson > wrote in
>> :

>> N/A

>> somewhat

>> likely

>> would

>> four

>> wagon

>> after
>>> I wouldn't risk it if I were Ford. Bone head moves have a way of
>>> getting blown out of proportion and I would consider a four door

>> Mustang
>>> a bone head move.

>> Michael, I basically agree with you. But I can definitely see a slot
>> for a Ford 4-door vehicle to go head to head with the Charger,
>> Magnum, 300, and the up-and-coming G8. If you don't want to call it
>> a Mustang, that's great. Call it something else. I really don't
>> care what it's called.

> I have no issue with Ford using the Mustang chassis for other
> vehicles.
> Just don't leech off the Mustang for styling cues and name
> recognition.

Why not? Leeching off the Mustang would probably be better for overall
sales. That said, the Mustang GT is the Mustang GT regardless of what
other variants might exist. It won't change simply because a variant
might exist.

>>> Do you like the idea of a four door Camaro, Corvette,

>> I haven't seen a contemporary 2-door Camaro yet, so I'll reserve
>> judgement on that. The CTS-V is a 4-door Corvette, whether you like
>> it or not.

> But it also isn't marketed as a Corvette variant.

Because it's not a Chevy. But underneath it's a helluva lot of
Corvette.

>>> Miata, Porsche, etc.? I can't believe you would. Would you?
>>> <waiting nervously for an answer>

>> The Cayenne is arguably a 4-door performance Porsche. Let's also
>> take a look at MB, BMW, Audi, Acura, etc. They all have 4-door
>> performance vehicles that will kick major ass.
>>
>> As for the Miata, well, that's a weenie car with RWD. Stuff a 350hp
>> V8 in it and that's another story...

> Did I get an answer?

I'm for performance vehicles, regardless of how many doors they have or
what style they are. So, in answer to your question, if a Mustang or
Camaro (or anything else) with 4 doors were made that performed on par
with their 2-door counterparts, then yes I am for it. The more
performance available for consumers, the better.
Old October 24th 07, 01:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_26_]

"John" > wrote in
:

> "Joe" > wrote in message
>> Michael Johnson > wrote in
>> :
>>

>> I haven't seen a contemporary 2-door Camaro yet, so I'll reserve
>> judgement on that. The CTS-V is a 4-door Corvette, whether you like

it
>> or not.
>>

> Rent the Transformers DVD. It's in there.

I've seen virtual ones and pictures, but not a real one (except a
concept at a car show).
Old October 24th 07, 01:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_95_]

"My Name Is Nobody" > wrote in news:GHATi.13214$na2.3220
@trndny08:

> "Joe" > wrote in message
>> Michael Johnson > wrote in
>> :

>> N/A

>> somewhat

>> likely

>> would

>> four

enthusiasts

>> wagon

>> after
>>>
>>> I wouldn't risk it if I were Ford. Bone head moves have a way of
>>> getting blown out of proportion and I would consider a four door

>> Mustang
>>> a bone head move.

>> Michael, I basically agree with you. But I can definitely see a slot
>> for a Ford 4-door vehicle to go head to head with the Charger,

Magnum,
>> 300, and the up-and-coming G8. If you don't want to call it a

Mustang,
>> that's great. Call it something else. I really don't care what it's
>> called.
>>
>>> Do you like the idea of a four door Camaro, Corvette,

>> I haven't seen a contemporary 2-door Camaro yet, so I'll reserve
>> judgement on that. The CTS-V is a 4-door Corvette, whether you like

it
>> or not.

> BUT IT IS NOT NAMED CORVETTE, that is the whole point...

Nonsense. I personally don't care what it's called. If it's a
performance vehicle, it's good. Simple concept to understand.
Old October 24th 07, 01:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_96_]

"John" > wrote in
news
> "Michael Johnson" > wrote in message
>> Joe wrote:
>>> Michael Johnson > wrote in
>>> :
>>>
>>> Now that you mention it, the whole Fox line back in the '80s had
>>> your 4- door and wagon Mustangs. They were called LTDs and
>>> Fairmonts. What's in a name?

>> When it comes to the Mustang, everything. What would you rather have
>> sitting in your driveway? A Granada, LTD, Fairmont or a Mustang?

> A Mustang, which I have. I'd like a Mustang station wagon and I'd
> sell my beater, otherwise I'll have to buy a SuperCrew and keep the
> beater. Come on Ford, a little help here!

If the LTD or Fairmont had the same engine and drivetrain as the
Mustang, I'd actually rather have the LTD/Fairmont. Much more versatile
and functional in the real world than a Mustang with just about the same
level of performance.

That's part of the whole concept of the hatchback, btw. I wonder how
many people who object to a Mustang wagon object to the Mustang
hatchback. A show of hands?
Old October 24th 07, 01:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_81_]

"My Name Is Nobody" > wrote in news:WKATi.3777$hG2.3224
@trndny05:

> "Joe" > wrote in message
>> Michael Johnson > wrote in
>> :

$35k.

or

think

>>> The Mustang platform has not always been exclusive and it wouldn't
>>> bother me if they used it as the basis for a wagon. Just don't make
>>> it look like a stretched Mustang with two extra doors. The Mustang

is
>>> a pony car and it should stay that way, IMO.

>> Now that you mention it, the whole Fox line back in the '80s had your

4-
>> door and wagon Mustangs. They were called LTDs and Fairmonts.

What's
>> in a name?

> Everything, DOH!

That's pretty shallow. DOH!
Old October 24th 07, 01:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_75_]

Michael Johnson > wrote in
:

> My Name Is Nobody wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>> oups.com...

>>> So Ford should forever concede the American 2-seat market to the
>>> Corvette?

>> That is an entirely different topic and market than the Thunderbird
>> ever was...
>>
>> Besides the latest 2 seat T-bird was not in the same room let alone
>> group as the Corvette and Viper.

> By comparison, it was a pansy ass. I would rather have a Miata than
> that T-Bird.

<rowlf>

Wow.

Old October 24th 07, 01:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_75_]

"My Name Is Nobody" > wrote in

> "John" > wrote in message
> . ..

>>> Well, I'm not positive I agree with that, but they could always
>>> call
>>> it a Falcon.

>> Over the years, couldn't you get the Falcon in a coupe, sedan,
>> station wagon, and a ranchero (or was that a pre-ranchero)? I don't
>> think I ever saw a convertible though.

> 1964 Falcon Convertible
> http://www.petesretros.com/Ford_Falcon_For%20Sale.html

And also:
http://www.seriouswheels.com/1960-19...ible-White.htm

Here's the pickup:
http://www.lemonfree.com/8523003.html
Old October 24th 07, 05:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Joe wrote:
> Michael Johnson > wrote in
> :

>>> oups.com...

>>> That is an entirely different topic and market than the Thunderbird
>>> ever was...
>>>
>>> Besides the latest 2 seat T-bird was not in the same room let alone
>>> group as the Corvette and Viper.

>> By comparison, it was a pansy ass. I would rather have a Miata than
>> that T-Bird.

> <rowlf>
>
> Wow.

Well, I would. I can install a 302 into a Miata or get a Kenne Bell
twin screw blower and turn it into a Viper killer. Plus, it is light as
a feather and handles like it is on rails. I always looked at the last
T-Bird as a chick car and it had hardly any testosterone in it.

Old October 24th 07, 05:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Joe wrote:
> Michael Johnson > wrote in
> :
>
>> Joe wrote:
>>> Michael Johnson > wrote in
>>> :

>>> N/A
>>> somewhat
>>> likely
>>> would
>>> four

>>> wagon

>>> after
>>> Mustang
>>> Michael, I basically agree with you. But I can definitely see a slot
>>> for a Ford 4-door vehicle to go head to head with the Charger,
>>> Magnum, 300, and the up-and-coming G8. If you don't want to call it
>>> a Mustang, that's great. Call it something else. I really don't
>>> care what it's called.

>> I have no issue with Ford using the Mustang chassis for other
>> vehicles.
>> Just don't leech off the Mustang for styling cues and name
>> recognition.

> Why not? Leeching off the Mustang would probably be better for overall
> sales. That said, the Mustang GT is the Mustang GT regardless of what
> other variants might exist. It won't change simply because a variant
> might exist.

IMO, and by definition, a Mustang is not a four door sedan and/or wagon.
Proposing a Mustang sedan is just as wrong as proposing a Corvette
sedan. The whole idea is as repulsive as me having to French kiss a 90
year old man.

>>> I haven't seen a contemporary 2-door Camaro yet, so I'll reserve
>>> judgement on that. The CTS-V is a 4-door Corvette, whether you like
>>> it or not.

>> But it also isn't marketed as a Corvette variant.

> Because it's not a Chevy. But underneath it's a helluva lot of
> Corvette.

..... and I am just fine with that.

>>> The Cayenne is arguably a 4-door performance Porsche. Let's also
>>> take a look at MB, BMW, Audi, Acura, etc. They all have 4-door
>>> performance vehicles that will kick major ass.
>>>
>>> As for the Miata, well, that's a weenie car with RWD. Stuff a 350hp
>>> V8 in it and that's another story...

>> Did I get an answer?

> I'm for performance vehicles, regardless of how many doors they have or
> what style they are. So, in answer to your question, if a Mustang or
> Camaro (or anything else) with 4 doors were made that performed on par
> with their 2-door counterparts, then yes I am for it. The more
> performance available for consumers, the better.

Well to quote Jim Croce, "You don't tug on Superman's cape, you don't
spit into the wind, you don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger and
you don't mess around with Jim OR OFFER A FOUR DOOR MUSTANG WAGON!!!" I
believe that would be his position if he were here posting in this
thread.
Old October 24th 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_75_]

Michael Johnson > wrote in news:U5Cdnc8Wgp6-
:

wrote:

5.0L,

sell

meant

it

M-

the

slot

it
>>> I have no issue with Ford using the Mustang chassis for other
>>> vehicles.
>>> Just don't leech off the Mustang for styling cues and name
>>> recognition.

>> Why not? Leeching off the Mustang would probably be better for

overall
>> sales. That said, the Mustang GT is the Mustang GT regardless of

what
>> other variants might exist. It won't change simply because a variant
>> might exist.

> IMO, and by definition, a Mustang is not a four door sedan and/or

wagon.
> Proposing a Mustang sedan is just as wrong as proposing a Corvette
> sedan. The whole idea is as repulsive as me having to French kiss a

90
> year old man.

like
>>> But it also isn't marketed as a Corvette variant.

>> Because it's not a Chevy. But underneath it's a helluva lot of
>> Corvette.

> .... and I am just fine with that.

350hp
>>> Did I get an answer?

>> I'm for performance vehicles, regardless of how many doors they have

or
>> what style they are. So, in answer to your question, if a Mustang or
>> Camaro (or anything else) with 4 doors were made that performed on

par
>> with their 2-door counterparts, then yes I am for it. The more
>> performance available for consumers, the better.

> Well to quote Jim Croce, "You don't tug on Superman's cape, you don't
> spit into the wind, you don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger

and
> you don't mess around with Jim OR OFFER A FOUR DOOR MUSTANG WAGON!!!"

> believe that would be his position if he were here posting in this
> thread.

To quote Joe Pesci, "I think I get the point."