07 Mustang GT mud flap

Old October 26th 07, 01:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default 07 Mustang GT mud flap

Has anyone found a mud flap that will fit on the front of the Mustang
GT? Factory ones on the rear fit well but they do not list one for the
front. I do get mud splashes and road tar along the bottom of the
rocker and lower door so, one might be helpful.

The mechanic tried one "Perfect Fit" brand and it did not fit. It was
not contoured properly to go around the rocker.

Thanks,

Norm

Old October 26th 07, 04:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
C. E. White[_2_]

"...." > wrote in message
> Has anyone found a mud flap that will fit on the front of the Mustang
> GT? Factory ones on the rear fit well but they do not list one for the
> front. I do get mud splashes and road tar along the bottom of the
> rocker and lower door so, one might be helpful.
>
> The mechanic tried one "Perfect Fit" brand and it did not fit. It was
> not contoured properly to go around the rocker.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Norm

Take a look at http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/fas/b2c/home.asp and
search on Mustang Accessories. They only list "flat" splash guards for the
front.

Ed

Old October 26th 07, 07:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Frank ess

C. E. White wrote:
> "...." > wrote in message
>> Has anyone found a mud flap that will fit on the front of the
>> Mustang GT? Factory ones on the rear fit well but they do not
>> list one for the front. I do get mud splashes and road tar along
>> the bottom of the rocker and lower door so, one might be helpful.
>>
>> The mechanic tried one "Perfect Fit" brand and it did not fit. It
>> was not contoured properly to go around the rocker.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Norm

> Take a look at http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/fas/b2c/home.asp
> and search on Mustang Accessories. They only list "flat" splash
> guards for the front.
>
> Ed

I have seen references to GT500 mud flaps applied to both front and
rear.

Left and right part numbers:
7R3Z-16A550-AA
7R3Z-16A550-AB

These are smaller than the contoured rear flaps usually seen. Much
less obtrusive.

--
Frank ess

Old October 26th 07, 09:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
C. E. White[_2_]

"Frank ess" > wrote in message

> I have seen references to GT500 mud flaps applied to both front and rear.
>
> Left and right part numbers:
> 7R3Z-16A550-AA
> 7R3Z-16A550-AB
>
> These are smaller than the contoured rear flaps usually seen. Much less
> obtrusive.

Are they flat? They sure are cheap. At directfordparts.com:

Item Number Description MSRP Price
7R3Z16A550AA KIT - MUDFLAP $5.47 $4.51
7R3Z16A550AB KIT - MUDFLAP $5.47 $4.51

Ed

Old October 26th 07, 09:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Frank ess

C. E. White wrote:
> "Frank ess" > wrote in message
>
>> I have seen references to GT500 mud flaps applied to both front
>> and rear.
>>
>> Left and right part numbers:
>> 7R3Z-16A550-AA
>> 7R3Z-16A550-AB
>>
>> These are smaller than the contoured rear flaps usually seen. Much
>> less obtrusive.

> Are they flat? They sure are cheap. At directfordparts.com:
>
> Item Number Description MSRP Price
> 7R3Z16A550AA KIT - MUDFLAP $5.47 $4.51
> 7R3Z16A550AB KIT - MUDFLAP $5.47 $4.51
>
> Ed

eBay item #330178628085

"moulded", but not very deep from what I can see:

Post #3 here has other photos:
http://www.mustangforums.com/m_1831896/tm.htm

--
Frank ess

90 Cherokee A/C flap stuck Bill[_6_] Jeep 3 August 18th 06 01:53 PM
2003 E39 - Radio flap trim Sheathy BMW 4 February 17th 06 02:04 PM
Heater Flap Problem dhawo Mazda 2 November 9th 05 06:42 AM
MUDD-Flap Dirty Ditch Dawg Jeep 6 February 2nd 05 07:27 PM
WTB E36 mud flap clips John Nangle BMW 2 November 26th 04 03:25 PM