Opinion needed on carburetion

Old March 19th 07, 09:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
goodnigh

Default Opinion needed on carburetion

Thinking about replacing the Carter AFB on my '71 351C 4V.
Has an Edelbrock Performer intake.
Have been looking at Barry Grant's Demon series.
500+ is tall dollars for a carb, but I hear these are good carbs.
Not that anything is wrong with the Carter, but I have this itch.
Any opinions?

mike

Old March 20th 07, 03:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
RJ

"goodnigh" > wrote in message
thlink.net...
> Thinking about replacing the Carter AFB on my '71 351C 4V.
> Has an Edelbrock Performer intake.
> Have been looking at Barry Grant's Demon series.
> 500+ is tall dollars for a carb, but I hear these are good carbs.
> Not that anything is wrong with the Carter, but I have this itch.
> Any opinions?
>
> mike

What are you hoping to gain by replacing the Carter? If it ain't broke,
don't fix it!

Old March 20th 07, 11:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
goodnigh

"RJ" > wrote in message

> "goodnigh" > wrote in message
> thlink.net...
>> Thinking about replacing the Carter AFB on my '71 351C 4V.
>> Has an Edelbrock Performer intake.
>> Have been looking at Barry Grant's Demon series.
>> 500+ is tall dollars for a carb, but I hear these are good carbs.
>> Not that anything is wrong with the Carter, but I have this itch.
>> Any opinions?
>>
>> mike
>>

> What are you hoping to gain by replacing the Carter? If it ain't broke,
> don't fix it!

You are right, but I could probably get more money for the Carter
The car does perform sluggish at times while fast as hell other times.
Maybe the Carter needs a rebuild, but where to get parts, especially
metering rods.

Old March 26th 07, 04:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Spike

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 21:39:44 GMT, "goodnigh"
> wrote:

>Thinking about replacing the Carter AFB on my '71 351C 4V.
>Has an Edelbrock Performer intake.
>Have been looking at Barry Grant's Demon series.
>500+ is tall dollars for a carb, but I hear these are good carbs.
>Not that anything is wrong with the Carter, but I have this itch.
>Any opinions?
>
>mike

There is a vendor listed in Mustangs Monthly and Mustangs and Fords
which specializes in classic carb rebuild.
Old March 28th 07, 01:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Ironrod

There is also a company in Florida called "Fuel Force" that claims to build
carburetors to your specifications from remanufactured parts. I used them
to get a replacement Rochester for my 73 Eldorado.

"karinhall" > wrote in message
. ..

> "goodnigh" > wrote in message

thlink.net...

> > "RJ" > wrote in message
> >>
> >> "goodnigh" > wrote in message
> >> thlink.net...

> >> What are you hoping to gain by replacing the Carter? If it ain't

broke,
> >> don't fix it!

> > You are right, but I could probably get more money for the Carter
> > The car does perform sluggish at times while fast as hell other times.
> > Maybe the Carter needs a rebuild, but where to get parts, especially
> > metering rods.
> >

> Here? http://www.carburetion.com/cartprice.asp
> or;

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...9&autoview=sku

1990 E34 M30 530i SE Help and opinion needed oderaro BMW 1 May 10th 05 09:26 AM
Spring opinion needed for 73 Mach 1 Gary Vitagliano Ford Mustang 0 April 26th 05 03:50 AM
Opinion Needed! Randall K. MajorHead Dodge 0 October 15th 04 04:33 AM
HELP: Opinion Needed Billy Corvette 0 August 19th 04 08:34 PM
HELP: Opinion needed... Billy Audi 0 August 19th 04 07:38 PM