Irksome 156 transmission

Old June 15th 04, 11:20 AM
Neil

Default Irksome 156 transmission

Going through 1900-2100rpm, my transmission goes a ring-a-ting-ting.
Any ideas?

Neil
(still loving it to bits)
Old June 15th 04, 03:13 PM
DesmaisonLCM

Dans l'article >, Neil
>a écrit :

>Going through 1900-2100rpm, my transmission goes a ring-a-ting-ting.
>Any ideas?

perhaps the metal sheet protection under the engine, mine does sometime a
"zinnnnng-ziiiiiiing" sound as it is damaged at 1500 or 2000 rpm.

Bruno
Old June 15th 04, 03:35 PM
Stuart Powell

Mine does exactly the same thing. Its fine below 1500, but when
accelerating from 1500 to 2500 something is making a rattling noise. If i
accelerate hard between 1500 and 2500 then it doesnt happen - only when
driving slowly ( best to drive hard then i suppose!)

Old June 15th 04, 06:58 PM
Alfistagj

Heat shield of your exhaust?
--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)

"Neil" > schreef in bericht

Old June 16th 04, 12:28 PM
Neil

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:35:32 +0100, "Stuart Powell"
> wrote:

>Mine does exactly the same thing. Its fine below 1500, but when
>accelerating from 1500 to 2500 something is making a rattling noise. If i
>accelerate hard between 1500 and 2500 then it doesnt happen - only when
>driving slowly ( best to drive hard then i suppose!)

That's about it. I think whatever is reaching it's harmonic frequency
hence the noise.

Speaking of hit-plates, I'd like to have a look at mine 18 months on.
Perhaps I shouldn't? Maybe these things are best left ignored? ;-)