Transport a car that's not worth transporting?

Old March 25th 07, 05:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Default Transport a car that's not worth transporting?

erville wrote:
> Michael Johnson wrote:
>
>> I would take a couple of cars tortured to death over time without a
>> problem. Ours managed to total 5 cars in two years. Two of those
>> five (one mine and one his Mother's) came in the SAME WEEK! Your's
>> chooses to torture the poor vehicle over time while ours just puts the
>> proverbial bullet in the back of their heads. The good news is that
>> he now pays for his own car insurance and he is off our policy.

> 1977, I was 17
>
> a friend of mine managed to wreck 2 cars , and 2 motorcycles in a 24 hour
> period.
>
> 1975 Datsun Honey Bee..... car ran a stop sign on him
>
> his Honda Motorcycle.... that was his fault
>
> his Dads Kawasaki Motorcycle... car cut him off, and he landed in a soft
> ditch
>
> early next morning, he is driving his dads 1973 Chevrolet Caprice
> convertible to work, and someone sideswipes him changing lanes.........
>
> thats the record as far as one person in 24 hrs I am aware of

I would say it is time for this guy to ride the bus.
Old March 27th 07, 01:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_1_]

Further....

The Boy "thinks" that it's just the battery. He bought a new one, but
couldn't figure out how to remove the cables from the battery (?).

Bottom line, the car's been sitting in one spot for a year (probably will
need new tires?), but we're going to drive up and see if ol' Dad can't
figure out how to swap out the battery. IF the car runs, I'll drive it from
New York to Philly, even if the tires have flat spots.

Once I get it here, it'll go right into the shop for a complete inspection.

There's hope.

I kept him on the phone tonight while I renewed his driver's license for PA,
updated his new address down here, took out an insurance policy, and I still
have to renew the vehicle registration tomorrow (once the insurance kicks
in). So the only real issue will be that the car's inspection stickers have
expired.

But any fine for driving a car with expired inspection stickers is FAR less
than having the car picked up and delivered down here. And (knock wood)
getting pulled over is not a certainty....

dwight
(just bein' a dad)

Old March 27th 07, 04:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jan

dwight wrote:
> Further....
>
> The Boy "thinks" that it's just the battery. He bought a new one, but
> couldn't figure out how to remove the cables from the battery (?).
> dwight
> (just bein' a dad)

"Son, step away from the vehicle and put down those tools"

Jan
Old March 27th 07, 12:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_1_]

"Jan" > wrote in message
> dwight wrote:
>> Further....
>>
>> The Boy "thinks" that it's just the battery. He bought a new one, but
>> couldn't figure out how to remove the cables from the battery (?).
>> dwight
>> (just bein' a dad)

> "Son, step away from the vehicle and put down those tools"
>
> Jan

Sure, but if ever there was any doubt that he's MY son...

)

Old March 28th 07, 09:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jim Warman

Well, Dave, I'm not sure how Dwight handles his instances....

For my part, I have a 19 year old that has a mortgage payment... this,
alone, makes all those times he told me he hated me worthwhile. There's a
lot of things he could be spending that money on.... Not many of them are
good.

I made sure that he can swing his own hammer..... Now, with his truck, I
have the chance to give him some of his inheritance without the tax
burden.... OMG, did I just admit to being mortal?

A lot of folks don't like the way I dispense advice... what makes anyone
think I don't treat my own boy the same????

Politically correct ain't.

Old March 29th 07, 06:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox

Jim Warman wrote:
> Well, Dave, I'm not sure how Dwight handles his instances....
>
> For my part, I have a 19 year old that has a mortgage payment... this,
> alone, makes all those times he told me he hated me worthwhile. There's a
> lot of things he could be spending that money on.... Not many of them are
> good.
>
> I made sure that he can swing his own hammer..... Now, with his truck, I
> have the chance to give him some of his inheritance without the tax
> burden.... OMG, did I just admit to being mortal?

I can't believe you did that...

Transporting car bf81 Ford Mustang 2 December 3rd 06 12:47 PM
Man transporting wife's head causes crash morticide Driving 13 June 17th 06 03:26 PM
Extended Warrenty is it worth it , have you gotten your moneys worth out of it ? Frank Boettcher Chrysler 11 August 19th 05 11:30 AM
Extended Warrenty is it worth it , have you gotten your moneys worth out of it ? Ted Mittelstaedt Chrysler 6 August 16th 05 05:20 PM
Transporting a Bicycle Tom Nakashima VW air cooled 1 March 22nd 05 08:07 PM