1986 GT: Conversion to 5 Lug wheels

Old March 23rd 07, 06:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
LR

Default 1986 GT: Conversion to 5 Lug wheels

Is there a kit to convert a 1986 GT to a 5 lug wheel pattern? I'd really
like to go with Bullit Mustang rims.

Thanks.

LR

Old March 23rd 07, 08:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

LR wrote:
> Is there a kit to convert a 1986 GT to a 5 lug wheel pattern? I'd really
> like to go with Bullit Mustang rims.

I have done the conversion to five lug hubs/axles and 2000 GT five star
rims on my '89 LX. There is likely one major glitch you will encounter.
The Fox front spindles won't allow you to put the center caps on the
rims. The fix for this is to install SN95 spindles. The added benefit
of the SN95 spindles is you also get the SN95 front brake calipers that
are far better than the stock Fox ones.
Old March 28th 07, 01:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Ironrod

FRPP used to make a kit for just that purpose. See if it is still
available, also there are several brake upgrades that have 5 lug disks as an
option.