66 mustang wiring

Old March 15th 07, 09:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default 66 mustang wiring

I have a 66 mustang 6cyc 200, I can not it it to charge, I put a new
battery, alt, vol reg. on and still it will not charge, help. please
email

Old March 26th 07, 02:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
keng2

"Jan" > wrote in message
> walt peifer wrote:

>>>Is the alt light bulb in the dash ok? It won't charge without one.
>>>

>>>Jan

>> As you have a 66 you have the 5 dial cluster with a gauge not a lamp. the
>> gauge must be functioning in order to send signal to regulator to turn on
>> alternator full field effect to start charging

> Gee thanks. I have a 66 and didn't think of that... maybe it's time to
> start working on the car Last monday I tore apart the brake master and
> got the brakes to sort of kind of work. At least the pedal stopped going
> to the floor.... now I just need to get the engine to run...
>

> Jan

Have you checked the voltage at the battery with the engine running?? I have
two Mustangs that both indicate zero charge/discharge yet both charging
circuits are working well!! Both have had their harnesses replaced. In order
to cause deflection of the charge/discharge meter there must be approx .1
ohm resistance in the jumper from the alternator to the battery which acts
as a meter shunt. The replacement harnesses do not have the built-in
resistance so consequently no meter deflection even though the charge system
is working fine!!
KenG