'06 Accord EX vs '07 Camry LE: Power, Safety & Price

Old August 10th 06, 01:29 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
tww

Default '06 Accord EX vs '07 Camry LE: Power, Safety & Price

"John Horner" > wrote in message
> Charles Lasitter wrote:
> > Because of my recent enhanced upderstanding of the safety features
> > listed below, and how my '05 Accord LX doesn't have them ...
> >
> > Traction Control
> > Stability Control
> > Emergency Braking Assistance
> > Electronic Brakeforce Distribution
> >

> I believe that the Acura TSX includes all of those features, and it is
> available with either a 6-speed manual or 5-speed automatic.
>
> Anyone looking at well equipped Camrys or Accords should at least check
> out the TSX to see if it is the best choice for you. Acura dealers are
> discounting TSX pretty agressively while the new Camry, especially with
> desireable options, can be harder to find a good discount on due to it's
> newness.
>
> John

Saw a TSX on I 75 a couple of days ago... seems about the size of a Civic.
See very few of them in my area. Understand the car is based on the
European Accord which is supposed to be smaller than the US version. Also,
quite expensive at around 30k.

Old August 10th 06, 03:25 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Shaun Matherly

Is yours only a 4 cylinder? I have a 2005 LX and it has everything but the
stability control and it now comes standard on all the new (2006-2007) V-6
models

Old August 10th 06, 07:47 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
John Horner

tww wrote:

>>Anyone looking at well equipped Camrys or Accords should at least check
>>out the TSX to see if it is the best choice for you. Acura dealers are
>>discounting TSX pretty agressively while the new Camry, especially with
>>desireable options, can be harder to find a good discount on due to it's
>>newness.
>>
>>John

> Saw a TSX on I 75 a couple of days ago... seems about the size of a Civic.
> See very few of them in my area. Understand the car is based on the
> European Accord which is supposed to be smaller than the US version. Also,
> quite expensive at around 30k.

Our TSX is completely comfortable for four adults on a long trip.
Interior space is much larger than it would appear to be from the outside.

Actually selling price is around $26,750 for a fully loaded vehicle
except for the Navigation sytem. The Navi upgrade adds about
$1800-$1900 on top of that.

One of the things I like about it is that you don't see one sitting next
to yourself at every stop light .

John
Old August 11th 06, 12:43 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
tww

> tww wrote:
>
> >>Anyone looking at well equipped Camrys or Accords should at least check
> >>out the TSX to see if it is the best choice for you. Acura dealers are
> >>discounting TSX pretty agressively while the new Camry, especially with
> >>desireable options, can be harder to find a good discount on due to it's
> >>newness.
> >>
> >>John

> > Saw a TSX on I 75 a couple of days ago... seems about the size of a

Civic.
> > See very few of them in my area. Understand the car is based on the
> > European Accord which is supposed to be smaller than the US version.

Also,
> > quite expensive at around 30k.
> >

> Our TSX is completely comfortable for four adults on a long trip.
> Interior space is much larger than it would appear to be from the outside.
>
> Actually selling price is around $26,750 for a fully loaded vehicle
> except for the Navigation sytem. The Navi upgrade adds about
> $1800-$1900 on top of that.

The Edmunds price for my area had the TSX with Navi and Auto for 29500.
When you add the usual dealer fees and carpets I should imagine you would
top 30k. Tax would add another 7% in my area. I was interested in the TSX
for a while because I thought it would be a reasonable move from the 5 spd
Prelude I had. But, it was not the Type R Accord sold in in Europe from
what I could see.