Casual RAS LFS league/server?

Old July 3rd 05, 02:35 AM

Default Casual RAS LFS league/server?

Had my first foray into LFS online - what a blast!
I know Alan B had mentioned a beginner's league - anything setup yet?
I've got 1.5M DSL - is that plenty of bandwidth for an LFS server? I'd
be happy to setup a dedicated server for a group of folks who want to
have some fun, clean racing. I would have to reserve a little time for
CS:Source .
I'm in the US, Eastern Time - 10PM or later would work for me, but I'm
thinking of joining the Average Drivers Club GPL/GTR leagues once I get
back up to speed in both, so I'd have to check those times.

TIA!
Kendt

PS - as a benchmark - I was doing consistent 47's at South City
classic, 4cyl formula car on race-1 setup. Damn I love that busstop
chicane !

Old July 3rd 05, 04:23 AM
Alan Bernardo

" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Had my first foray into LFS online - what a blast!
> I know Alan B had mentioned a beginner's league - anything setup yet?
> I've got 1.5M DSL - is that plenty of bandwidth for an LFS server?

I have a few people (two, to be exact) who have contacted me so this little
informal league is still trying to gain some momentem. If you could email
me at I can put you in my current list. I have a
few others who might be interested.

When you say you have a 1.5 DSL, is that upload speed? If so, that's a lot
more than I have. Right now I get about 300 upload, but that still is good
for at least a ten-player race without lag. LFS is very good when it comes
to multiplayer.

As such, I still run my server called Octopus Overlords League. During the
day the server is not pass-worded but after 6pm Eastern (I'm in Ohio.) I
have a password. If you need the password, email me.

Drop in any time, or anyone else do the same, if you're interested in some
clean racing.

Alanb

Old July 3rd 05, 05:21 AM

Thx Alan - I'll send you an email. Just checked my speed, its ~360
upload as well.

Kendt