Truck idles fine, bucks when driving

Old April 25th 11, 03:48 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
stryped[_3_]

Default Truck idles fine, bucks when driving

As you know I was working on AC this weekend. This mornign on the way
to work drove fine for about 3 miles, then all of a sudden truck
started bucking and sputering. Idles fine, even in gear. but cuts out
at about 2000 rpm. I did nto see anythign loose or any connections
missing that may have been possible while working. I am abotu to go
crazy. The truck is at the side of the road. Any help is appreciated!
Old April 25th 11, 05:03 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Bill[_33_]

"stryped" wrote in message
> As you know I was working on AC this weekend. This mornign on the
> way
> to work drove fine for about 3 miles, then all of a sudden truck
> started bucking and sputering. Idles fine, even in gear. but cuts
> out
> at about 2000 rpm. I did nto see anythign loose or any connections
> missing that may have been possible while working. I am abotu to go
> crazy. The truck is at the side of the road. Any help is
> appreciated!

Be sure A/C is off and also disconnect the A/C compressor. See if that
is the problem???

Old April 25th 11, 05:05 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
stryped[_3_]

On Apr 25, 11:03*am, "Bill" > wrote:
> "stryped" *wrote in message
> > As you know I was working on AC this weekend. This mornign on the
> > way
> > to work drove fine for about 3 miles, then all of a sudden truck
> > started bucking and sputering. Idles fine, even in gear. but cuts
> > out
> > at about 2000 rpm. I did nto see anythign loose or any connections
> > missing that may have been possible while working. I am abotu to go
> > crazy. The truck is at the side of the road. Any help is
> > appreciated!

> Be sure A/C is off and also disconnect the A/C compressor. See if that
> is the problem???

AC is off. WHy should the compressor be disconnected.
Old April 25th 11, 05:14 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

stryped > wrote:
>As you know I was working on AC this weekend. This mornign on the way
>to work drove fine for about 3 miles, then all of a sudden truck
>started bucking and sputering. Idles fine, even in gear. but cuts out
>at about 2000 rpm. I did nto see anythign loose or any connections
>missing that may have been possible while working. I am abotu to go
>crazy. The truck is at the side of the road. Any help is appreciated!

When did you last change the fuel filter?

Is there any fuel in the carb when you look down in there?
--scott
Old April 25th 11, 06:57 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
m6onz5a

On Apr 25, 10:48*am, stryped > wrote:
> As you know I was working on AC this weekend. This mornign on the way
> to work drove fine for about 3 miles, then all of a sudden truck
> started bucking and sputering. Idles fine, even in gear. but cuts out
> at about 2000 rpm. I did nto see anythign loose or any connections
> missing that may have been possible while working. I am abotu to go
> crazy. The truck is at the side of the road. Any help is appreciated!

does your truck have a mass airflow sensor?
Old April 25th 11, 07:50 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Bill[_33_]

"stryped" > wrote in message
On Apr 25, 11:03 am, "Bill" > wrote:
> "stryped" wrote in message
> > As you know I was working on AC this weekend. This mornign on the
> > way
> > to work drove fine for about 3 miles, then all of a sudden truck
> > started bucking and sputering. Idles fine, even in gear. but cuts
> > out
> > at about 2000 rpm. I did nto see anythign loose or any connections
> > missing that may have been possible while working. I am abotu to
> > go
> > crazy. The truck is at the side of the road. Any help is
> > appreciated!

> Be sure A/C is off and also disconnect the A/C compressor. See if
> that
> is the problem???

> AC is off. WHy should the compressor be disconnected.

Because that is what you were working on last, so a PRIME suspect as
to what the trouble could be. Some A/C systems come on automatically
for a brief run (even in the winter) so it will circulate the oil in
the system. Also will come on for defrost with some systems.

Anyway if you disconnect the A/C compressor and you still have the
problem, then you can eliminate that as a suspect.

And if there was a problem with the compressor, it could place a large
load on the engine.

Probably not the problem, but since you installed a new one and that
was what you were working on, I would be sure that was not the
problem.

Old April 26th 11, 12:46 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

I wouldn't leave that vehicle parked by the side of the road too long.I
would get somebody with a vehicle and a chain or tow rope and get it
home.Especially in my neighborhood.
cuhulin