1969 Fairlane Dual Exhaust

Old April 20th 04, 10:25 PM
Rob N

Default 1969 Fairlane Dual Exhaust

I've been searching in vain for a performance dual exhaust kit for
my 1969 Fairlane. Does anyone know of a shop in the Buffalo/Niagara
area that does custom exhaust installations? Basically, I need a dual 2
1/2" setup from the headers back, preferably exiting behind the wheels
(for a built 302). I'd really like to be rid of my current universal
exhaust due to ground clearance problems and lack of an equalizer pipe.
Also, I've seen that there are many complete systems available for
60's Mustangs and even 66-67 Fairlanes, but not for the 68-69
Fairlane/Torino. Would it be feasible to adapt one of these systems to
my vehicle? I can't imagine that these late sixties unibody Fords could
be that drastically different underneath, but you never know. Thanks
for any help..

-Rob

--
Check out my band Menagerie at www.thisismenagerie.com. Remove the "S" at the end of .edu to reply to email.

Old April 21st 04, 12:47 AM
Eugene Blanchard

Most any muffler shop can do this for you. You don't need to go to a
custom shop.

Rob N wrote:

> I've been searching in vain for a performance dual exhaust kit for
> my 1969 Fairlane. Does anyone know of a shop in the Buffalo/Niagara
> area that does custom exhaust installations? Basically, I need a dual 2
> 1/2" setup from the headers back, preferably exiting behind the wheels
> (for a built 302). I'd really like to be rid of my current universal
> exhaust due to ground clearance problems and lack of an equalizer pipe.
> Also, I've seen that there are many complete systems available for
> 60's Mustangs and even 66-67 Fairlanes, but not for the 68-69
> Fairlane/Torino. Would it be feasible to adapt one of these systems to
> my vehicle? I can't imagine that these late sixties unibody Fords could
> be that drastically different underneath, but you never know. Thanks
> for any help..
>
> -Rob
>
> --
> Check out my band Menagerie at www.thisismenagerie.com. Remove the "S" at the end of .edu to reply to email.

--
Eugene Blanchard
DIY Kustom Hot Rod website http://www.cadvision.com/~blanchas/54pontiac
Collecting Automotive Chrome website
http://www.geocities.com/hood_ornaments
Fiber optic PC motherboard website http://www.geocities.com/fibermother
Using MOSFETs for H bridge website
http://www.geocities.com/fet_h_bridge/
Introduction to networking online book
http://www.thelinuxreview.com/howto/...to_networking/
Psycho Pathetic Bunny website
http://www.geocities.com/frustration_bunny/

Exhaust Leak Ltine 4x4 3 August 27th 04 01:50 AM
Exhaust Leak Ltine 4x4 2 August 22nd 04 08:45 PM
Dodge Dakota exhaust Ter 4x4 1 July 14th 04 02:38 AM
v10 dodge 4x4 exhaust ?' Blah Blah 4x4 12 February 9th 04 03:32 AM