Rfactor will not run...

Old September 8th 05, 04:50 AM
Glenn Andressen

I had the same problem.

In the Readme it mentions that rFactor won't run with Vet Antivirus.
Well I'm running e-Trust EZ Antivirus... otherwise known as Vet in
Australia. Turned it off and voila, up and running.

You can actually snooze the antivirus for a nominated time. I tried ten
minutes and rFactor kept running after that.

Hope they sort this bug soon.

Cheers, Glenn

Old September 8th 05, 11:07 AM
John Smith

"Glenn Andressen" > wrote in message
>I had the same problem.
>
> In the Readme it mentions that rFactor won't run with Vet Antivirus. Well
> I'm running e-Trust EZ Antivirus... otherwise known as Vet in Australia.
> Turned it off and voila, up and running.
>
> You can actually snooze the antivirus for a nominated time. I tried ten
> minutes and rFactor kept running after that.

yep EAV caused mine to lock up too, just added it to the exclusion list and
now it starts fine. I still have the blinking track syndrome, which someone
said I need new video drivers (haven't tried yet, but demo is ok??)

Old September 8th 05, 12:21 PM
David G Fisher

"John Smith" > wrote in message

> "Glenn Andressen" > wrote in message
>>I had the same problem.
>>
>> In the Readme it mentions that rFactor won't run with Vet Antivirus. Well
>> I'm running e-Trust EZ Antivirus... otherwise known as Vet in Australia.
>> Turned it off and voila, up and running.
>>
>> You can actually snooze the antivirus for a nominated time. I tried ten
>> minutes and rFactor kept running after that.

> yep EAV caused mine to lock up too, just added it to the exclusion list
> and now it starts fine. I still have the blinking track syndrome, which
> someone said I need new video drivers (haven't tried yet, but demo is
> ok??)

The guy who told you that (Scoob Droolins) is one of the developers from
ISI.

--
David G Fisher

Old September 8th 05, 01:47 PM
PlowBoy

Man!

Steve,

Thanks to believe it or not a post in here by Ymenard, and would you believe
it, (oh yeah I am getting used to being the problem here the last 2 weeks)
Least again, I am partially to blame on this one, but it was the Antivirus
app (that is nicely bundled with SBC-Yahoo DSL). It is by Computer
Associates, It is taking time to get used to this fking software, I thought
I had disabled it the 1st time even back with GTLegends, I thought I had
killed it... but I find out, apparenlty not. Finally figured out how to
set an exception for the exe, & runs like a champ now (I think, I still
havent had a chance to drive the cars yet, ONLy because it was late when I
figured it out, and I was too damn tired after stayin up all night on tues
evening after I gave up, running legends.

Damn I love the legends game, Im doing best laps is 135.6 on the default
setup now (long track).

Steve Whitty enlightened us with:

Old September 8th 05, 01:49 PM
PlowBoy

My bad it was Tim Ferrel, ymenard was in another thing i was reading LOL...
PlowBoy enlightened us with:

Old September 8th 05, 02:24 PM
Steve Whitty

Just glad you got it all sorted out.

damn computers. worse than bloody women. just as expensive though!

cheers

steve

Old September 8th 05, 05:03 PM
ymenard

>"PlowBoy" > wrote
> My bad it was Tim Ferrel, ymenard was in another thing i was reading
> LOL...

Someday I'll be usefull

--
-- François Ménard <ymenard>
-- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez

Old September 8th 05, 06:00 PM
Tanstaafl

I had that same problem when I first ran it. Took me forever to get my name
in it. Once I got past that, things were fine. I did notice it loads a lot
faster if I disable Zonealarm.

Old September 8th 05, 10:30 PM
PlowBoy

you are YM, like well, like bellybuttons are usefull... (VBG)
ymenard enlightened us with: