Racing Legends cancelled.

Old August 25th 05, 08:49 AM

Thank you, Bruce. You are absolutely right. The story would make a
good bedtime tale though. Get those kids to sleep mighty quick I
imagine :-D

Old August 25th 05, 04:23 PM
mcewena

> Ok, another malicious Racing Legends rumour gets consigned to the virtual binary graveyard

And yet it's amazing how many people claim to either "not care" or
"know better" get worked up each time this happens.

Old August 25th 05, 05:44 PM
reggie white

mcewena wrote:
>>Ok, another malicious Racing Legends rumour gets consigned to the virtual binary graveyard

> And yet it's amazing how many people claim to either "not care" or
> "know better" get worked up each time this happens.

why do you consistently deny the facts? i would want my money back
Old August 25th 05, 06:18 PM
mcewena

>> And yet it's amazing how many people claim to either "not care" or
>> "know better" get worked up each time this happens.

>why do you consistently deny the facts? i would want my money back

?? Which facts am I denying? That people are getting worked up over
meaningless postings in a fringe newsgroup? (and we are a fringe) I'm
fully willing to admit that.

Not being an investor, I'm not fussed by what you may or may not have
done with your money.

Please proceed to call me names now to prove my point.

Old August 25th 05, 09:38 PM
reggie white

mcewena wrote:
>>>And yet it's amazing how many people claim to either "not care" or
>>>"know better" get worked up each time this happens.

>>why do you consistently deny the facts? i would want my money back

> ?? Which facts am I denying? That people are getting worked up over
> meaningless postings in a fringe newsgroup? (and we are a fringe) I'm
> fully willing to admit that.
>
> Not being an investor, I'm not fussed by what you may or may not have
> done with your money.
>
> Please proceed to call me names now to prove my point.

again you avoid the real issue
Old August 26th 05, 07:45 AM
Stephen F.

"Gregor Veble" > wrote in message

> About your proposed attitude towards Racing Legends; that's exactly the
> idea, one should take interest in it when it's released (or thereabout),
> no sense in talking about it at this point as that just creates pointless
> arguments, as was so painfully learned in the past.
>
> -Gregor

Gregor

There are enough of the old guys who are doing just that. We simply don't
post. Unfortunately, don't even really have much time to check in here in
the last years. I've always admired Chris and Tony's vision, never felt
they promised anything to me personally, enjoyed their screenshots over the
years, and if something good comes out of it, then I will certainly buy the
product. If not, I'll just go on enjoying the other fine things in life.

cheers,
Stephen

Old August 26th 05, 07:55 AM
whooo

Stephen F. wrote:
> "Gregor Veble" > wrote in message
>
>>About your proposed attitude towards Racing Legends; that's exactly the
>>idea, one should take interest in it when it's released (or thereabout),
>>no sense in talking about it at this point as that just creates pointless
>>arguments, as was so painfully learned in the past.
>>
>>-Gregor
>>

> Gregor
>
> There are enough of the old guys who are doing just that. We simply don't
> post. Unfortunately, don't even really have much time to check in here in
> the last years. I've always admired Chris and Tony's vision, never felt
> they promised anything to me personally, enjoyed their screenshots over the
> years, and if something good comes out of it, then I will certainly buy the
> product. If not, I'll just go on enjoying the other fine things in life.

Exactly. Unfortunately if nothing comes of it, not only we we have lost
a (hopefully) fine sim but we will also have to put up with some little
children blowing their trumpets, banging their own drums and yelling 'We
told you so!'!
Old August 26th 05, 09:28 AM
Gregor Veble

Hey Stephen,

great to hear from you again! Has life been treating you good (well,
apart from making you older, naturally)?

Exactly, racing sims are supposed to be one of the finer things in life,
not something to get worked up about. Also, if one projects everything
one ever wanted out of a racing sim onto its release, there's bound to
be disappointment when it is out. I am pretty confident that the people
who are most negative about it are also the people who are least likely
to "get" what it will all be about, as it will not strive to be a cookie
cutter sim that would simply try to be bigger and better.

Cheers,

-Gregor

Old August 26th 05, 03:11 PM
mcewena

Not sure what you think the real issue is, but then again I'm not sure
I care.

I've been dubious that the westies have thought all this thru and can
pull it off, and I've made my share of cheap jokes at he cats expense
because they've left the door open for it with no-update update sites
and graphic masterbation etc..

But it's their idea, their money and if they have attracted money from
investors who are over 18 and legally in charge of their own financial
decisions (don't know if they have or not, haven't followed it), more
power to them and good luck.