Insulation sagging off 2007 A3 firewall

Old September 16th 10, 04:12 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dano58

Default Insulation sagging off 2007 A3 firewall

On Sep 3, 10:31*pm, Kevin McMurtrie > wrote:
> Yesterday I noticed that the firewall insulation was sagging off the
> bottom of a horizontal beam. *I took my car to the dealership to ask
> them if any clips or panels had fallen off during normal use or had been
> lost in recent recall repairs.
>
> The service manager said that there's no clip. *He said the insulation
> is supposed to be a rigid part but it has gone soft from water. *It does
> in fact cover drain holes. *He suggested tape to fix it.
>
> It seems odd that a car would have such a dumb problem. *I've Googled
> for engine compartment pics but haven't found one that's clear on the
> area. *I've put photos of mine online. *Does anyone have a 2007 A3 3.2
> quattro to compare to?
>
> There's an improvised clip in these photos. *Without it, the insulation
> panel below the clip flops around.http://www.pixelmemory.us/Misc/Sag/
> --
> I won't see Google Groups replies because I must filter them as spam

Not sure why you bother posting here if you won't see Group
replies..... But I would check in Audiworld, in the A3 forum.

Dan D
'04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
Central NJ USA

E36 insulation between exhaust & firewall David BMW 3 February 7th 06 03:48 AM
What's the BEST firewall insulation material? Marco VW air cooled 0 August 10th 05 10:43 PM
Civic Hood Insulation duckbill Honda 1 July 9th 05 02:22 PM
Sagging Eric Jeep 2 March 5th 05 03:36 PM
[OT] attic insulation. DougW Jeep 12 December 11th 04 02:32 AM